Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Gaby
"

Kasi finds out more about Perseus and what his "job" is.

"

Death Becomes Her

 

     "A what?" I asked, bursting out into laughter.

     Perseus shrugged. "Well, I'm actually an angel, all the same to you living humans."

     "Dude, you don't actually think I believe you, right?" I asked, still giggling.

     "I'm not surprised. But you asked, so I answered."

     "Okay, why are you here then?"

     "I'm always where you are. It's my job. I'm your guardian angel."

     "Then why did you let that giant billboard fall on me?"

     "I tried my best. Luckily I made it so that it didn't crush you. Then you would've really died."

     "Sure you did. Anyway, if you're done wasting both my time and yours, could you, you know, leave?"

     He sighed and shook his head. "I already told you, I have to stick with you, it's my job as your guardian angel. What do I have to say to prove it to you?"

     I sat there and thought it over. "Would Gaby-tan and Ali-kun be able to see you?"

     He shook his head, "They shouldn't be able to."

     "Okay then, when they come in, I'll watch and see if they notice you."

     As he nodded, the door to my room opened and Gaby and Ali walked in. Gaby looked a lot better and her eyes didn't look so red anymore. Ali had a blank face, not giving anything away, as usual. But then they stopped and stared right at Perseus. I smirked and looked at him. He seemed shocked.

     "Um, Kasi-chan, who's this?" Gaby asked.

     "Sorry, did we interrupt? We'll wait outside if you want..." Ali said, already turning around.

     "Wait! Don't go. Perseus was just about to leave." I said, the smirk not leaving my lips.

     "I-I don't understand. They aren't suppose to be able to see me..." Perseus stuttered, completely confused.

     "Yeah, yeah. Get out," I said, pointing to the door.

     "Wait, what's going on?" Gaby asked, tilting her head to the side.

     "Nothing, just a confused idiot that's about to leave."

     "Wait, I swear to you I don't know what's going on. They honestly aren't suppose to see or hear me. Maybe it's your friendship?! Do the three of you have a close friendship?"

     "Of course. We may not have known each other long, but it's like we've been friends forever," Ali answered for him.

     "Then that must be it! Call the nurse in here and ask her if she can see me."

     I sighed. "Do I really have to? I just want you to leave and for me to get some sleep..."

     It was quiet for a moment, then Perseus answered, "Very well. We'll talk about this later. Get some rest."

     "I want silence. That goes for you two, too."

     Gaby nodded and sat down next to my bed. Perseus stayed standing.

     "I'm going home to check in with our mom. Be back later," Ali said, walking out of the room.

     I shut my eyes and leaned back. Almost immediately falling asleep.

...

     I woke up to the sound of Gaby-tan talking.

     "Oh, so you're Kasi-chan's guardian angel? That sounds so cool," she sighed, obviously fascinated with what Perseus was saying.

     "Yes, I am," Perseus said.

     "So who's my guardian angel?"

     "Sorry, I am forbidden to tell you. I'm not even sure we're allowed to be talking to each other."

     "W-why's that?"

     "It's against the rules. I could get into some serious trouble."

     "Ah, I see..."

     That was when I decided it was time I get up.

     "Oh, Kasi-chan, you're awake! Are you feeling better?" Gaby asked as I stretched in bed.

     "Yeah, I guess. And I see this dude still hasn't left," I mumbled.
      "I told you, I'm your guardian angel and it is my job to stay by your side and protect you." Perseus crossed his arms.

     "Come on, Kasi-chan. I think he's telling the truth!"

     "Why?! He doesn't even have any proof."

     "Oh, but I do."

     "Oh really? Then prove to me that you are my 'guardian angel'."

     "When you were in fifth grade, you glued a boy's butt to his seat and got a referral for it. In seventh grade you finished writing your first book. In eighth grade you were accused of stealing. And you are currently in ninth grade and nothing big has happened. Would you like me to say more?"

     My eyes widened. "S-stalker!"

     "Wah-- I am not a stalker! I'm trying to tell you! I'm your guardian angel!"

     "All right, fine, if you're an angel how can we see you, huh?"

     "Well, I'm thinking that you dying for five minutes then being revived did that. And Gaby and Ali can see me probably because of the close friendship between you three."

     "See? Do you still think he's lying?" Gaby asked.

     "Hm, what if I were to call a nurse in? Would she see you?"

     "She shouldn't be able to. Unless you have a close friendship with her like you do with Gaby and Ali."

     I nodded, pressing the button to call in a nurse. After a few minutes, said nurse walked in. She passed Gaby, giving her a quick smile. Then she reached Perseus. Instead of smiling like I thought she would, she passed him without even looking in his direction.

     "Yes, Kasi? Did you need something?" the nurse asked, smiling at me.

     "U-um, I was just a little thirsty..."

     She nodded, "Oh, well here."

     She walked over to the sink and filled an empty cup with water. She handed it to me then walked to the door. Again passing Perseus by, not looking at him. The sound of the door closing behind the nurse made me glance at him.

     "Now do you see? Kasi, I'm dead. I died a long time ago. And now it is my job to make sure you don't die until it's your time. That's what a guardian angel does."

     A sob was heard. I looked over at Gaby to see her crying.

     "Gaby-tan, what's wrong?" I asked, concern in my voice.

     "I-it's just, Perseus, you must be so lonely. I mean, n-no one even notices you, and you told me you aren't even allowed to speak with other guardian angels. You go on unnoticed..."

     I never thought of it like that. When I looked over at Perseus, there was a pain in his eyes, but it quickly left and was replaced with a small smile.

     "That may be true, but not anymore. Kasi, Ali and you can see, hear, and touch me. I'm not lonely anymore... And besides, this is my punishment."

     "Punishment?" I asked.

     He nodded, "Because of what I decided to, this is my punishment."

     I looked at Gaby to see she was wiping her tears away.

     "Well, can you tell us? If you can, that is."

     He was silent for a moment, but then shrugged, "I guess I could tell you. Just promise never to tell anyone or angel, if you meet any that is, that I told you this, all right? I'm still not sure if this is cosidered breaking the rules."

     We waited for him to explain.

     "If you were to commit a serious sin, as in murder someone, then maybe, God would give you another chance. But if you were to continue, you go straight to Hell."

     Gaby squirmed a little in her seat. I patted the space next to me, knowing this was already scaring her. She smiled, relief in her eyes, and sat next to me. Perseus went on.

     "If you were the one murdered then you become a ghost. God allows you to stay on Earth until you finish what you never got to do on Earth and move on. Once you do, you become an angel and rest in peace. Any questions so far?"

     Gaby raised her hand. Perseus nodded at her.

     "What if you're a bad person who was murdered and has committed serious sins? Do they still get to move on and rest in peace?"

     Perseus shrugged, "That is up to God. Only He can make that decision."

     Gaby nodded and we waited for Perseus to continue.

     "If it's your time to pass on, then you become an angel and rest in peace, unless you have regrets or things left undone. Simple, really."

     "Okay, then what's all the difference between guardian angels and angels. Why didn't you get to move on, Perseus?"

     Perseus frowned a bit, "I'll explain that next."

     I nodded.

     Perseus sighed before going on, "If you commit suicide, you become a guardian angel. As punishment for ending your own life, you must protect a person selected for you. Until you make up for ending your own life, you stay a guardian angel. Once you do make up for what you have done, though, you become an angel and rest in peace. But only God can choose when you have made up for what you have done."

     It was silent for a long time. Gaby and I stared at Perseus, but he didn't look at us. I felt Gaby get off the bed. When I looked over at her, I saw that she had gotten of the bed and was walking towards Perseus. When she approached him, he looked down at her. Then she hugged him. He was caught of guard by this, but awkwardly returned the hug.

     "I'm so sorry, Perseus. It must have been hard for you, whatever it was that made you do such a thing." Gaby whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.

     "Now, now. I'm not worth the tears," Perseus said, pulling back and wiping the tear away. "This is just punishment for what I've done, my burden. It's my fault for ending my own life. I finally see that. Being a guardian angel teaches us a lesson."

     "And what lesson is that?" I asked.

     "'For ending your own life, you will be responsible for another. You will protect the life of a living being and learn just how much life is a gift. Only after you learn this will you rest in peace.' Those are the words of God himself."

     "Whoa~! You got to meet God?!" Gaby asked, sparkles in her eyes.

     Perseus chuckled. "No, not really. Though we do speak to him. Well, that's all I have to talk about. I hope now you understand, Kasi."

     They looked over at me, waiting for me to answer.

     I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I understand."



© 2012 Gaby


Author's Note

Gaby
Gosh, so sorry for not posting this sooner, but it's summer and I do have a life. =P Hope you liked this, Kasi-chan! Sorry for it being so short! And I made all that guardian angel and other stuff up. And I doubt God said anything about ending your life like I put it. XP

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Aw, why did he kill himself?! T^T I wanna know... and yes, as promised, I'll finish the next DL chap, ok?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on June 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2012


Author

Gaby
Gaby

CA



About
Hi, my name's Gabriella, but please call me Gaby. I'm 17, birthday's June 1st and am currently in high school. I don't like going outside much, read too much fan fiction, and tend to hate most peop.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby