Weekend

Weekend

A Chapter by gauravdwivedi
"

This is the fourth chapter from my book girl from my dreams

"

I felt little headache, I wanted to open my eyes but didn’t feel like to open them, I felt very tired and weak.

“What happened at night?” I thought.

“Was that dream again? No, it could not. This dream was very different than usual. But I’ve seen her in this dream”, I thought.

I tried to move my legs but could not.

“That was some vivid dream”, I thought.

I felt the vibration beneath my back. I startled. It was my phone ringing.

Who would be called early in the morning? I could not guess as no one in my contact call for an early meet and greet.

I reached beneath my back and picked the phone. It was still ringing so I open my left eye very slowly and it was Sachin calling. I thought why in the world he is calling so early and then I saw the timing on the right corner of the phone’s screen. 5 pm was showing at the clock.

“This makes sense”, I thought.

“Why Sachin always try to get out the house even he has a son now”, I thought.

Sachin married right after school with his girlfriend. And become the father of a beautiful boy next year.

But since Sachin work whole weekdays and often spend time hanging out with friends on Weekends.

It was quite strange for me because marriage is a big deal for me that is why I am not getting settled and still looking for the right career path till now. All my friends are almost settled but I never pictured myself settled in the first place.

I've got a girlfriend but I do not know if I love her or not.

I swiped right on the phone screen and said, “Hello!”

“Where the f***s are you? I am calling for 1 hour or so”, he yelled.

“I was sleeping”, I said.

“Are you sleeping since morning?” he asked.

“Yes and I am not feeling well”, I said.

“I don’t know, I am outside your street come out in 5 minutes”, he said.

“Ok”, I said.

I kneaded fork in potato and said, “Why we always end up eating chilly potatoes, momos and Chow mein only?.”

“Because we are broke and these are better in taste and best in price”, he replied.

“hmmm… well said!”, I said.



© 2019 gauravdwivedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on April 26, 2019
Last Updated on April 26, 2019
Tags: fiction, romantic


Author

gauravdwivedi
gauravdwivedi

New Delhi, Delhi, India



About
I am Gaurav Dwivedi from India, I am writing my first novel. I need guidance and a community to understand deep relationships between writers and readers. more..

Writing