Chapter 1: The Stress

Chapter 1: The Stress

A Chapter by Holly
"

Irma sometimes has frequent dreams about her best friend, Denjiro, whom she loves. But, her love life is not great, because her parents are becoming involved in it...

"

We were standing in the middle of a field, between the sand dunes of the State Park. The wind had a very light breeze as we both waited for one of us to say a word. He stood there right in front of me, flawless, handsome, this stunning Japanese boy. His name is Denjiro Ryuukato and he had been in my life for a while now. The black hair on his head graciously flowed through the wind. I had stood there too, trembling in fear.

       "Denjiro..." I shook in front of him while looking down to the ground. "Irma, I've been waiting for a while, I have to get going soon." Then, the fear went away, "I just wanted to say, I... like you. I like you a lot." He looked at me with a not so surprised look, but shocked at the same time. The, the unlikely had happened. He came up to me and held me close to him. I soon started to feel the blood rush to my cheeks. Denjiro saw this and then chuckled.

       "Irma, the honest truth, I have always felt the same way about you too.  There is nothing wrong with it. This is human nature, for humans, love is a natural thing--" "How do you know? I know who you are Denjiro! You can't lie to me, because you both know about me and you being--" Then, he kissed me without knowing. Why does this bliss feel so good? I wanted this forever in my life.

       "If I was lying, would I do that? Because the love I just showed you can do that. Oh, what was the last thing you were about to say?" I looked at him in the eyes and broke free of his grasp and walked away. He tried to stop me, but I looked back at him with a look of irritation.

       "I have to go, I'm sorry. I will tell you another time...sorry Denjiro." I ran off towards the forest to the west and then everything started to disappear.


       Irma jumped up from her bed with sweat falling down her face from the dream and was wearing red silky pajamas. She could not tell if it was reality or a dream. Her thirteen year old brother, Axel was sitting on the edge of her bed. He was looking directly at her with a confused look and started to laugh.

      "I can't believe you didn't notice me at all." She glared at him and replied angrily, "What are you doing in my room?! Es ist mein Zimmer! Get out!" She threw one of her comfy pillows at him, but he jumped off her bed just before he got hit.

      "Es tut mir Leid. The reason I'm in here? Well... because it's nearly one o' clock." He told her with an evil smile while her eyes started to widen.

      "Oh my gosh. Why didn't someone wake me up earlier?" she said sitting on her bed.

 

      "I also wanted to tell you we are going to have one of those family meetings at the State Park night. Mom and dad are angry about something and want to talk about it. Now, Macht Schnell! Get ready for tonight. They're trying to hook you up, again. Don't try anything stupid like you did last time." Axel shook his head in shame. While Irma smirked at the last hook up she remembered clearly.

      She was in panic mode when her brother left her bedroom. Irma didn't think her parents wouldn't dare try to hook her up again. Even the memories echoed through her mind as she thought about her last experience.

      
"Mom, Dad, I told you many times that I don't want to meet this man." she shouted in German to her parents. Irma was all dressed up in a white dress down to her knees. It was strapless and had a bow tie in the back. The three of them were at a very fancy restaurant sitting down at a table for four people. Then, a young looking light blond haired man entered through the elegant doors. He was very handsome, but didn't catch Irma's eyes. Then, the man saw her immediately and walked toward Irma and her parents. He went up to her parents and shook their hand, and then it was her turn.

       "Guten Tag, I am Baldric, you must be Irma?"

 

       She looked at him and replied, "Ja, I am Irma." " Baldric, it's good to neet you, please sit down." Verena, Irma's mother asked. They all then sat down at the table together while he kept on staring at Irma. She wasn't too please for the stare he was giving her, which made her upset.

      "Isn't he handsome, Irma?" her mother asked in French.

 

     " Mutti...." She wasn't too thrilled when her mother spoke and gazed away from Luca as he kept staring at her. The stress she was under to keep a good first impression had mad her angrier. Irma also knew he started to like her only for her beauty.

      "So, Irma, what do you do for fun?"  he asked as he tried to converse with her. "Nichts." she replied with a glare. Verena saw her own daughter's attitude as well as her father.

 

    "Irma, behave. We got company." she said to her again in French. Then, the anger built up inside of her and she stood up from the chair quickly and knocked over her glass of water on the table.

       "No! I'm tired of you trying to have me date these German boys you call handsome! I'm getting annoying and it's very troublesome, Mutti! I'm leaving." she yelled both in German and English as she walked away quickly out of the fancy restaurant.


       It was almost six moths after the incident had occurred. Irma never saw Baldric after storming out of the restaurant. The though of remembering the memory filled her with anger when she entered the kitchen where her parents stood waiting for her. They were not too happy to see her as she got a box of cereal and started eating breakfast. She soon sat down at the long oak table with a bowl, a spoon, the box of cereal and milk.

      "Mom, dad is everything okay?" Her father and mother irritatingly looked at her.

      "We have to talk about tonight and your attitude recently. Your Mum and I want you to listen and you're going to do it." Udo, her father strictly said as the kitchen and dining room fell into a silence.



© 2011 Holly


Author's Note

Holly
I know it is a short chapter, but please review? Thank you!
Translations:
Es ist mein Zimmer!- It is my room!
Es tut mir Leid- I'm sorry
Macht Schnell- Hurry!
Guten Tag- Good day( a formal hello)
Ja- yes
Nichts- nothing
Mutti- Mom
Vati- Dad

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on February 15, 2011
Last Updated on February 15, 2011


Author

Holly
Holly

Grand Rapids, MI



About
I try to write out what is on my mind... I'm sorta an engineer...in my head, I see the exact poem or story, and I have to write it down on paper.... same with artwork. Please review some of my a.. more..

Writing
Troublesome Troublesome

A Poem by Holly