Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Sophie

 "Come on, Sarah, let's go for a walk, now," I cried up my best friend's staircase.

 "Just a minute!" Sarah cried back down. Then she raced down the steps and grabbed my hand, pulling me outside. "Bye mom, I'll be back later!" she cried.

 "Bye, Sarah!" her mom cried. When we were safely away from her house I asked her a question that has haunted me since three days ago, the last time I saw her when she had given me the bad news.

 "So...um...Sarah?" I asked.

 "Hm?" she replied.

 "How long do you think it's going to be?" I asked.

 "Well, the doctors said I have two and a half months left, three at the most," Sarah said.

 "Oh, that's so short," I replied.

 "Yeah, I know that Chelsea," she said to me. I looked at the ground, embarrassed for saying that. Then I took her hand.

 "Are you scared, Sarah?" I asked.

 "No, not really. I'm just sad that I'll be missing lots of stuff. I don't have a lot of firsts left anymore," she said. I pondered over this. She was right. No first kiss, first boyfriend. No more first days of school, first day of college, first day of a job. Many many firsts she'd be missing out on. I wiped a tear that escaped from  my eye.

 "Well, I'm scared for you," I said, squeezing her hand. Sarah looked at me.

 "Chelsea, don't be. I mean, everyone has to die at some point. And I guess my time is coming soon. Yes, I'm going to miss lots of things," she said.

 "What will you miss the most?" I asked. The answer that came out of her mouth made me burst into tears. It was the last answer that I would've thought her to have said, but my ears didn't deceive me.

 "You, Chelsea. All these 13 years that that two of us have been alive, you are the one true person that kept me living," she said. I fell to the pavement and started crying hysterically. Sarah knelt beside me and put her arms around me.

 "Shhh," Sarah said.

 "I'm going to miss you so much," I cried into her shirt.

 "I'm going to miss you, too," she said.

 "Yeah, but you won't know it because you'll be dead," I said.

 "I'll look at you from heaven and I'll miss you," she said. We laughed. Then she got up and helped me up. I wiped the back of my blue skirt with my hands. As we walked to my house we talked about what was going to happen to her.

 

 "I'll miss you so much," I said again turning around on my porch. I hugged her again and then went inside, locking the door behind me. I watched Sarah walk back home slowly. Then I turned around and walked up to my room. I went to my bed then I picked up my math homework to try and work on it. After 1/2 an hour of trying to work on two seperate problems I got frustrated. I threw the math books across the room and it hit the opposite wall, crashing onto the floor. I pulled my knees up to my chest an wrapped my arms around my legs. I buried my face in my knees and started to cry.



© 2008 Sophie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on August 17, 2008
Last Updated on August 17, 2008


Author

Sophie
Sophie

South Bend, IN



About
Hi, I'm a great friend to have and I love to write and read and act and sing. I love drama and so yea. Please email me and talk to me!!1 thanks! :) more..

Writing
Poisoned Ivy Poisoned Ivy

A Book by Sophie


1 1

A Chapter by Sophie


Death Secrets Death Secrets

A Book by Sophie