Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Sophie

 "Chelsea?" my step-mom, Rebecca said knocking on my door. I lifted my head and sniffed.

 "Yea?" I said weakly. I saw the doornob turning slowly and then Becky walked in. She walked over toward my bed and sat down on the end. She wiped the hair away from my face.

 "Are you all right?" Becky asked me.

 "I'm going to lose my best friend. I wish this couldn't happen. I've always had a best friend...but...now she's going to leave me forever," I said softly. "How could I ever be all right?"

 "Oh, right. Sarah has leukemia. I forgot," Becky said. I sat up wiping the tears from my eyes.

 "How do you know that?" I asked.

 "She told me a few months ago," Becky said.

 "She told you before me? I can't believe her!" I cried. I felt heartbroked and betrayed. I thought best friends were supposed to tell each other everything, even before telling their parents. I looked at the ground. "How could she betray me like this?"

 "Chelsea, she told me to tell you, but I forgot to," she said.

 "Wait, when did you see her? What day I mean?" I asked.

 "It was on a Tuesday five months ago," she said.

 "Wait...but she was at the hospital five months ago," I said confused. Then I looked at her.

 "I...I went to visit her, Chels," Becky replied.

 "What? Why? Without me?" I asked her.

 "Yeah. You know that her mom is my friend and since she was there she asked me to visit her. You were in school and I didn't want to take you out because school comes first," Becky said.

 "I can't believe you would be so selfish, Becky. She's my best friend, not yours!" I cried running out of the room.

 "Chelsea!" she cried. She buried her face in her hands. I ran out the door and turned the corner and suddenly I bumped into a really pretty girl with perfectly smooth skin.

 "I'm so sorry," I cried. I never saw the girl before in my life, but since my best friend betrayed me I guess I could start to make new ones.

 "It's ok," the girl said helping me up. "Hi, I'm Anneliese."

 "Uh...hi...I'm Chelsea," I replied.

 "That's a pretty name. I had a friend back in Wyoming named Kelsey. She was my best friend," Anneliese said.

 "That's cool," I said. "So, you're from Wyoming?" I asked.

 "Yeah, I am," she said. I nodded.

 "So...um...you wanna walk?" she asked.

 "Sure," I said. So we started to take a walk down towards the river.

 "That's where I hang out, by the river," I said.

 "That's cool," Anneliese said. I started to walk down to the river and she followed me.

 "Careful," I said. "Once I almost fell into the river." I walked down and then I reached my hand out to her. She took it and I helped her down the pathway to the river.

 "It's really beautiful, especially at night when the sun is setting," I said.

 "Yeah, I would like to see that," Anneliese said.

 "So, Anneliese - wait can I call you Anna, " I started.

 "Sure," Anneliese said.

 "Ok...so, Anna, what school are you going to go to this year?" I asked.

 "I'm going to be going to St. Anthony's," Anna said.

 "Oh, my gosh! What a coincidence," I said. "So am I." We laughed. Then Anna took a piece of a weed and started pulling it apart.

 "Well, I guess we should start heading home soon," Anna said after about a half hour.

 "Yeah, maybe we should," I said. "But I don't want to go back."

 "Why?" Anna asked.

 "I got into this huge fight with my step-mom, Becky," I said.

 "Oh, well...maybe you can come to my house," Anna said. "It's just not neat or anything."

 "Um...I don't know."

 "Oh," Anna said looking down.

 "Well, I'll try and make up with Becky and then I could call you back or something," I said taking out my cell phone. Anna did as well. She gave me her number and I gave her mine and then we split, me going to my house and Anna went to her house.I walked in and there was Becky.



© 2008 Sophie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on August 17, 2008
Last Updated on August 18, 2008


Author

Sophie
Sophie

South Bend, IN



About
Hi, I'm a great friend to have and I love to write and read and act and sing. I love drama and so yea. Please email me and talk to me!!1 thanks! :) more..

Writing
Poisoned Ivy Poisoned Ivy

A Book by Sophie


1 1

A Chapter by Sophie


Death Secrets Death Secrets

A Book by Sophie