A Small Quirk In Star Ocean 3

A Small Quirk In Star Ocean 3

A Chapter by Haeshin

Just a small thing which I will make brief. The graphics are stunning, the intro movie is long and songless (or, well, lyric-less), which in itself is a little unique, the gameplay/battle system is decent and no complaints about characters. It's just...they make this big fuss over the protagonist's hidden potentially-apocalyptically-destructive power, and it only shows up...once. Then they hardly ever mention it again.

 

And, speaking as a geek of anything that looks pretty, the cinematic sequence in which the hidden power is revealed was visually stunning. And then it never happens again. Ever again. Normally when a hidden power in the main protagonist is revealed, from the moment it's first mentioned the story of the hidden power is steadily built up from that point and usually becomes an action that can be utilized in battle.

 

After the hidden power is mentioned in Star Ocean III: Til the End of Time, it's seen once, never used, and afterwards forgotten until explained in a plot-elaborating moment, then it's forgotten again. Completely. Never to show up again, much less be used. After this realization was reached, playing the rest of the game was a little like having a balloon deflate on you.



© 2010 Haeshin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
Added on April 18, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010


Author

Haeshin
Haeshin

CA



About
*Please provide feedback! Pick a story, any story, and try it out. *Things to Check Out* -Blog-Coms: Not every single day of my life is full of action and adventure (unless I'm watching a superh.. more..

Writing
Ade's Prayer Ade's Prayer

A Chapter by Haeshin