Final Fantasy X-2: When Romance Reaches an Anti-Romantic

Final Fantasy X-2: When Romance Reaches an Anti-Romantic

A Chapter by Haeshin

The in-depth plot of Final Fantasy X-2 involved two lovers who were tragically separated in war and remained as ghosts because their feelings never reached other. I'm not a big fan of romance stories since they tend to be pretty much the same, but wow. FF X-2's story got me all teary-eyed.

 

Death is always a poignant factor in a story, especially when it causes someone to regret their lives so much they go on existing even after death. That's just sad. And having intense feelings unable to reach other? Whoa. That ups the factor. Then finally having said tragedy cause a person to become the villain plotting to destroy the world out of a broken heart and a desire to protect the person he cared for the most? YOW! The exact same story can be told over and over and over again, an infinite amount of times, but it will never get old. Happy endings make a person smile, but sad stories are the ones that really pull and knot the heart strings. Sadness is an emotion that lasts longer than happiness. When it comes to videogames, even if the person doesn't play the game again, they'll remember the sad story. It's so...life lesson-y.

 

And getting a great song out of it...well, that's not bad either.



© 2010 Haeshin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
Added on April 18, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010


Author

Haeshin
Haeshin

CA



About
*Please provide feedback! Pick a story, any story, and try it out. *Things to Check Out* -Blog-Coms: Not every single day of my life is full of action and adventure (unless I'm watching a superh.. more..

Writing
Ade's Prayer Ade's Prayer

A Chapter by Haeshin