we are beautiful

we are beautiful

A Poem by Hannah Marie Higdon
"

i can choose between the genre poetry which its is or self-help so im going with poetry since its kinda hard to tell the actual genre, hope you like it. :)

"
They were the kids who laughed at us just because we dressed different, looked different, or acted different. 
I was the kid who got called names i and i got called a lot.
I was given advice, from people who think just ignoring the words will help. 
It doesn't.
I ate 3rds in almost every meal, i dressed differently then most girls.
I was treated as if i was an alien, As if i wasn't humans, as if i didn't have feelings.
The saying sticks and stones got on my nerves. Words do hurt, a lot more than sticks and stones. 
See sticks and stones leaves scraps and brusies on your skin. But words leave scraps and brusies on your heart.
I'm not alone. There's others out there who are fighting in a battlefield. And there's more who have already walked the plank. 
I haven't.
School was always a place you go to fight as if we are our own army. We never got through.
Only few a did. 
Try as we might our battleground was filled with weapons. No not guns or knifes WORDS. 
They hurt worse. Some of us were hurt badly, worse then the rest. 
Through all of it, we fought but we didn't fight like the others. They used words that hurt us like nothing else has ever hurt. We used our mind
Yes some fled, and some stayed and won, and a few lost.
Yed we cried, but we couldn't help it. Tears are made when you hurt and we hurt a lot.
No one knew but us.
And now we know. 
It doesn't matter what people think of you on the outside. Bit you think of urself. And how you look on tthe inside. 
Beautiful

© 2015 Hannah Marie Higdon


Author's Note

Hannah Marie Higdon
comment what you think, dont take it i have copyrights on it just so you know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on February 12, 2015
Last Updated on February 12, 2015

Author

Hannah Marie Higdon
Hannah Marie Higdon

casa grande, AZ



About
im a deep person when it comes to my writing, i get inspiration from the world around even in my own world i call my family. very little is about me mainly since im young my parents like to look over .. more..

Writing