Chapter 1: What Just Happened?

Chapter 1: What Just Happened?

A Chapter by Harley Pratt
"

Changed this a little.

"
    “I love you!” I randomly shouted to my best friend, never thinking those words would come out of my mouth.  
    “You what?” Manny mumbled, obviously confused.
    “I said, ‘I love you.’”
    “That’s what I thought, but…why? I mean…how? What? Kenna, I’m so confused!”
    “Ugh, alright, here goes nothing…I can’t go on pretending I don’t have feelings for you, Manny, because I’ve finally figured out that I’m absolutely and completely crazy about you and I always have been.  You’ve been my best friend for four years, now.  I can’t believe I didn’t see it sooner.”
    “Now you’re making sense, Kenz.  Truth be told, I kind of feel the same way…”
    “Really? Please don’t joke around with me now.  I just laid my heart on the line in a minutes’ time; I don’t want it broken just as fast.”
    “I would never dream of joking around with you about this; I’m 100% serious.  You’re the girl I dream about every night, Kenz.”
    “You know what, Manny?  You make me smile,” I said, grinning at him.
    “Oh, do I now?  Well, you want to know a secret?  You make me smile more,” he immediately replied.  But I was too busy focusing on those gorgeous blue eyes of his to hear him.
   I lay in bed that night, not able to sleep, just thinking about what had happened earlier with Manny.  I had no idea how that could have happened or even what exactly went down.  How did it go from so terrible to so perfect in a matter of minutes?  I went back to the beginning and thought through everything, trying to find what I’d missed, how I hadn’t seen it earlier.
 



© 2010 Harley Pratt


Author's Note

Harley Pratt
Finished :)

Please comment and let me know what you think so far! Confusing issues will be resolved later if I decide to continue writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it would make a good story.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It seems like it could go either way, like whatever comes next will decide about if it's before or after. When I read it, I assumed it was after, but now that you put the idea in my head it also makes sense for it to be before. Where you go with it is allll youuuu. and yeah, i think it sounds good.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks! & I'm not really in the mood to write, otherwise I would.
Does it sound like I went back to the beginning after the stars? Like before that ever happened? & does it sound okay ending their conversation so abruptly and going to later that night?

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


If you don't keep writing, we aren't friends anymore! Just kidding. But really, this is good. Reallllly good, and I wanna know what's going to happen. So make like Jessi and hurry and write more!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
4 Reviews
Added on December 9, 2010
Last Updated on December 21, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Harley Pratt
Harley Pratt

Wichita, KS



About
Hey! I'm 18 and like to write...obviously. I get in moods, though, where I hate writing. I can try and review your stuff if you want me to, but I'll be honest, I really do not like reading poems. T.. more..

Writing