Chapter 2: Back to the Beginning

Chapter 2: Back to the Beginning

A Chapter by Harley Pratt

      I sat in Algebra next to my best friend, Manny, staring at the clock, anxiously awaiting the moment the minute hand would hit the six to signal the end of the school day and, in this case, the end of the school week.  When it finally did, everyone jumped out of their seats and raced outside.  Since Manny and I sat right by the door, we were always the first ones to taste the freedom. 
      We left the school and jumped in my new, silver Toyota Camry.  As we quickly drove away, we talked about our plans for the upcoming weekend.  I planned on hanging out with my amazing boyfriend, Cole.  I loved spending my weekends with him because he was the sweetest guy in the world, next to Manny, of course.  Thoughts of being wrapped in his strong arms filled my mind and I spaced, totally and completely spaced.
    “KENNA! Watch where you’re going, will you?!” Manny screamed at me from the passenger seat.
    I focused on driving just in time to swerve out of the way of the huge semi coming toward us.  When the adrenaline hit me, it felt like we were the stunt drivers in an action-packed movie.  I knew we had gotten lucky, we’d just escaped what should’ve been a fatal accident, but some part of me wished we could’ve experienced our bodies being thrown around inside the walls of my car.  Don’t ask me why I felt like that, but I did.  “Manny, we cannot tell anyone about what just happened, got it?  I don’t ever want to talk about it again.”
     “Yeah, of course.  I was thinking the same thing.”
     And with that, we put it behind us as if it had never even happened in the first place.
     I dropped Manny off at the most beautiful house I’d ever seen in my life.  It wasn’t the size that made it that way; it was light gray with dark gray trim and amazing landscaping.  My favorite part was the small, oak gazebo on the side of their house.  That was our spot; our place to go when we didn’t want anyone to hear us, to talk about anything we wanted.  It was like a small piece of heaven on earth.
     “Thanks for the ride! Have fun with that loser boyfriend of yours,” he said, a smirk on his face.
     “Hey, he’s not a loser!  He happens to be the most amazing guy I know,” I teased.
     “Oh, okay, thanks Kenz.  I love you, too!”
     “You know you do.  And besides, I didn’t have to give you a ride home today, so you better watch it, mister!”
     “After what almost happened, maybe that would’ve been…”
     “We agreed not to talk about it anymore, Manny,” I said, cutting him off.
     “Oh, right, I forgot.  But anyways, hope you do have a great weekend with that loser boyfriend of yours,” he said again, slamming the car door shut and running away before I can yell at him.  He turned around once he was at a safe distance and grinned.




© 2011 Harley Pratt


Author's Note

Harley Pratt
I'm trying to think of a title for this book. Here are a couple ideas, please let me know what you think.
Backwards Love
Through it All

& please comment on this chapter and let me know what you're thoughts are. (How it flows, if it's easy to understand, etc.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yeah, I probably should write more; I just never feel like it, though.

& Thanks!

Now I get where you were confused when I said 'Pooey' :) Yours is not poo-like whatsoever! & thank you, too!

Posted 13 Years Ago


:) I kinda like it except now I feel like my book is rather poo-like

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think for us to help you pick a title we'll have to read more.

That's a hint for you to write(;

This was really good. Loooove Manny. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2011


Author

Harley Pratt
Harley Pratt

Wichita, KS



About
Hey! I'm 18 and like to write...obviously. I get in moods, though, where I hate writing. I can try and review your stuff if you want me to, but I'll be honest, I really do not like reading poems. T.. more..

Writing