Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
CHAPTER VIII.  THE PRESENT

CHAPTER VIII. THE PRESENT

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

 

       Those were only memories of her past. Now she’s already doing her plan. She’s already in the city. She is working as a production operator in an electronics company, the lowest position that almost put her down. But it’s only in the beginning. She knows, everything will be alright after some time. After some time…

 

       She had so many plans not only for herself but for her family. He tried to put some of her earnings on her savings in order that she can buy anything that could help her family, or to give even a small amount to them.

       But life in the city was getting harder as time goes by. Not only that she had to pay fro the boarding house rental, food, clothes, daily allowance and other things for herself. She experienced difficulty in saving an amount. Thus, on her first three months at work, she had nothing done but to pay her debt when she started living there.

         Eventually, after some months everything goes smoothly to her. She’s doing good on her job with her fellow workers, as well as with her neighbors on her boarding place. She is able to buy an appliance every payday. The only problem to her is that she could do nothing to have a big savings to be given to her family.

       Finally, she decided to stop working there in the city. She already wants to practice her profession in her province. But like a saying that “opportunity knocks once”, she find it hard to get a job. Every hour seems an endless punishment for her that she endures everytime she remembers her failure  to work. From time to time, she is blaming herself for the faulty decision she has done. There are times that she is asking Him why should she face all of those pains. After all those sufferings since childhood, she should be happy now. There are times she is telling herself it’s good to die, for there were no good things for her in this world. That she’s becoming a  useless person.

      She cried again. She cried and cried that almost she can’t hear her voice.



© 2013 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The story had a sad tone to it. I understand was hard for woman. We are weight down by responsibilities and old memories. I liked her life and was disappointed when she desired to return home. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

And thank you for your review, CP.



Reviews

The story had a sad tone to it. I understand was hard for woman. We are weight down by responsibilities and old memories. I liked her life and was disappointed when she desired to return home. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

And thank you for your review, CP.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 5, 2013
Last Updated on May 5, 2013


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing