Midnight Rain

Midnight Rain

A Story by Vertigoingnowhere
"

A little something i wrote in biology class.

"
It was the middle of the night and the sound of the rain woke me from my sleep. I got out of bed and opened the window. As i opened it, the rain started to meet my face, as the drops bounced off the window sill. I closed the window, grabbed my rain boots and hurried outside. As i opened the door, i saw what seemed like a curtain of raindrops falling off the roof top. I put on my rain boots and stopped in front of the rain curtain. 3...2...1 GO! I said to myself. I burst through the rain and ran over to the covering under the trees. I watched and listened to the music of the water drops. In the light of the moon it looked as if glitter was raining down from the heavens. I ran to the street where there were puddles all around. I hesitated for a moment, then jumped into one. I felt like a little kid again. After jumping a little while more, i walked back up to the door. I turned back to take one more glance at the sparkling rain, then walked inside.

© 2011 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

seems someone is a bit distracted in class. beautiful little scene here. i still like to play in the rain, especially i like to play in the rain after youth group when there is a thunder storm, its great. me and some of my friend will run around, jumping in puddles, and shooting songs of praise toward the heavens.

and Sophie, not necessarily, i've seen it rain where the sun is shinning brite as ever, the same thing could happen with the moon, i've seen much stranger weather.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wonderful. i loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great! It was fun to read; you have a real talent for writing short but interesting writing. :) Well done! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i loved it it mademe smile, it was beautifully written, i love then inoccence in it as well, keep it up! C:

Posted 12 Years Ago


Promise me young lady that when you are 50 years old you can still write this. Forever
Silly ,playing , child, catching fireflies , holding hands , sitting in trees.
I love your way! Write , write ,write....

Great job

Posted 12 Years Ago


A wonderful moment in time captured in your ink. Much enjoyed!

Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

aww a really sweet poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are really good at these writes, such feeling in this write that had me holding on. Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yes! too good! this is completely me! lol!
you should watch me when it rains...im practically jumping up and down! lol

fabulous short story! ^^ i love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You just described a really simple scene but in a captivating way. I loved how you described the rain as if it were the most beautiful thing during that time. Short, simple and beautiful. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

838 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Broken

A Story by Krystyna Herst