The Troika

The Troika

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A clandestine meeing in Moscow, the description is fictitious of course, do bear it in mind please.

"

In the SVR headquarters at the Yasenevo District of Moscow in the office of the SVR director the 'Troika', which includes Putin, Medvedev and the SVR director Fradkov, the three leading persons in Russia met for a top secret discussion.

After Fradkov the host exchanged warm handshakes and smiled effusively accentuating his loyalty towards his guests, the three of them sat next to a table well prepared for that exclusive meeting, with caviar, salami snacks on buttered bread, and goblets and a vodka bottle, enough appetizers to stir their minds as it was early for lunch yet.

After having exchanged a few polite and cautious sentences, while tasting the appetizers and toasting a drink or two; Putin nodded to Fradkov and the SVR current head opened up with a general review of the situation, with regard to the global interests of Russia.

'The situation in general isn't bad at all except the critical yet situation in Syria…'

'But there's still hope to crush the rebels and end the war with a stunning victory.' Putin intervened declaring indirectly his demands for greater efforts that would ensure positive results.  

'Oh yes we do exploit the Americans hesitations very well, their defeatist policy of letting us and the Iranians a free hand is our big advantage; and I believe that we've to think of some more diplomatic and active steps, to make sure that they won't change that absurd policy of theirs concerning Syria.'

'Yes you're right Mikhail Yefimovich,' Medvedev agreed and glanced at Putin, wondering what the boss has to say.

'I think that we've to analyze what these two Obama and Hegel think, when they claim that any kind of their intervention in Syria would hamper their talks with Iran.' He made a short pause and his two colleagues sat pondering on the question that their boss brought up.

'It seems a ridiculous conception to me.' Putin went on expressing his thoughts. 'But it has a catch in it, they hope we and the Iranian will exhaust our military resources, while they support indirectly the rebels through Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey. As they  did in the past during the 80s, when our army fought in Afghanistan and we know what the consequences were.'

'But they're involved in Afghanistan now.' Medvedev noted smiling.

'It won't prevent them from attacking Iran or changing their absurd policy when they'll conclude it's the right time to change it.'

'You think that Damascus might fall and we'll lose our cause there to the capitalists? What about our diplomatic threats of global chaos, which they're so afraid of? As this must be the real reason why they don't interfere in Syria, and my analysts believe that they won't attack Iran.'

'We've to take all the possibilities into consideration, including the worst ones.' Putin hastened to calm down his two worried colleagues. 'You did a wonderful job Mikhail Yefimovich by pumping up the North Korean kid. It's an excellent measure to ensure the Americans inactivity. No I don't think they'll attack Iran, and we've a good chance to crush the rebels in Syria. Lavarov and his crew are doing well in the UN; and I expect that the SVR under your competent leadership would activate our North Korean puppet whenever needed up to a certain limit of course.' He remarked with emphasize letting Medvedev and Fradkov time to think things over.

'China is turning into a capitalistic state that's why our North Korean ally abhors their influence and relies on us. We'll support North Korea as long as they'll play our game.' He ended his monolgue with a smile of confidence. 'I propose to sum our fruitful meeting with a toast for our success.'

 Haim Kadman April the 9th 2013 " all rights reserved.  

© 2013 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Is this something that might have been seen from the fly on the wall?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Haim Kadman

10 Years Ago

Not at all it's my pure imgiantaion.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013
Tags: meeting, discussion, opinion, conclusions

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman