Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Longing

Longing

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 10th book 'An irretrievable step'.

"

The first thing that Ray did on the next day was to leave central room boarding house near the Vatican and rent a furnished room apartment at Via Appia Nuova, not far from the Coptic church of San Marco in Via Tuscolana, and not too close to that holy edifice.

 

He did not expect a visit from Bianca's father, but if he is wrong and they will be looking for him; after all he did not took any precautions and he could not know whether Bianca took the pill, thus as Bianca and her parents knew that he is staying in boarding houses, the best way to avoid unexpected visits was to change address and be close to one of the Coptic churches in Rome at the same time. He opened an account in the nearest branch of the Bank of Rome to his new address, and visited the closest shopping mall to get the food staffs and groceries that he needed for his daily life in this bustling city.

While having a light lunch in his room he thought of his parents and his previous life, realizing how he missed them and his friends back home. The easy life that he led in Milan and Florence made him forget his past and now with that burden of responsibility, which he had no idea how he shall cope with he felt he needed a break of several days at least. He didn't think of Tami at all, if there was some one that  he really missed it was Bianca. He never told her that he loves her, but he saw her smiling beautiful face vividly in him mind's eye and giving her up distressed him.

The only cure left to me is to visit the Coptic church and focus my attention in my relevant tasks. He thought with a wry and cynical realization.

© Haim Kadman July 2013 �" all rights reserved. 

© 2013 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013
Tags: rome, boarding house, apartment, longing, home, thoughts, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman