BIANCA

BIANCA

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 10th book, 'An irretrievable step'.

"

On Friday before the course last weekend in mid lesson in the dark room Bianca sneaked a piece of paper into Ray's left hand. He read it in the next break, holding it spread inside one of his copybooks. It was an invitation to have lunch at her home on Saturday at one pm. The small note included an address, and the minimum he had to know, like 'lunch', 'my home', 'Saturday 13.00' and her signature.

What a break, what a stroke of good luck…?!? He thought amused with a hint of disappointment. So she wants to introduce me 'her savior' to her parents, it's nothing more than a gesture of good will and thus expressing her thanks. But it's an exceptional chance for it will be my first time to sit next to a dining table in an Italian home, learn their manners have the feel of it. That's how I've to refer to it and not busy my mind with illusions.

He knew that it was not going to be a pleasant pastime, despite being beside Bianca all along the meal and her obvious support; but while she hardly bothered to find out who he really is, her parents and relatives would wish to know a few things about him…

Bianca's home address was 72 Viale Padova next to the entrance of the public park of Parco Ducale.  When Ray was near her parents' home, Bianca arrived from the path leading to the public park smiling.

'Well I went out for a walk,' she noted but corrected herself right away. 'I thought I'd better take you up to the "lions' den", you can't imagine the interrogation I'd to pass yesterday, and what's waiting for you up there… They're very curious and you won't believe it, they thought that I'm planning an engagement announcement.' She added laughing excitedly.

I've never believed that I can be that lucky, even if it's a fleeting thought.' He answered smiling happily.

They entered the building side by side and went over to the old cage type elevator Just before the elevator reached the ground floor, she let him hug her and kiss both her cheeks.

He was in euphoria it was the first ever time that he held her in his arms. But he kept probing his mind thinking excitedly on the exceptional option that she just brought up indirectly.

If I'll marry her and we'll land in Alexandria Egypt as a married couple or in any other enemy country that they'll decide to send us, it would be a much safer start. But Bianca is too smart I won't be able to hide anything from her, and my next meeting with Joe is in Rome…

© Haim Kadman September 2013 " all rights reserved.

 

© 2013 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

460 Views
Added on September 19, 2013
Last Updated on September 19, 2013
Tags: study, leave, weekend, note, relations, invitation, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman