Milano

Milano

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 4th book "Summer Tempest".

"

"Summer Tempest"

An excerpt

In her small room at the students dormitory of the new art academy in Milano, sat Riva Etsioni next to her small table at the window that turned to the main inner court of that huge building, which was so similar to an old castle.

She was busy studying the Italian language. The date of the first semester was still far enough, her roommate, a 'Milanese' and that was the very little she knows about her, and that partner hasn't shown up yet of course.

Who is she? How does she look and how is she going to get along with that unknown partner? All these curious questions as they might be, did not occupy Riva's thoughts at these moments.

Her parents have enrolled her in this institute "La nova accademia di belle arte", one of the most respectable art institutes in Italy.

They have taken care of every detail and detail, from this comfortable lodgings up to an open account in a local bank to cover all Riva's expenses; she missed nothing so it may seem, except the company of her parents, her boy friend that was left behind and her close female friends.

The solitude at this early stage of the concourse and the studies of the Italian language, have hardly troubled her, compared to the alienated relations of her parents; a fact that could not be hidden from her anymore.

Thus that arrangement of her studies in Milano though nothing in it was pre-arranged, made it much easier for them; but the deterioration in her parents' relationship laid on Riva's conscious like the weight of a heavy stone.

While mumbling and pronouncing Italian syllables and words absent mindedly, she did not cease pondering over her parents' cold relationship, except the inkling that something was amiss lately, the clear details were not known to her.

There were such things before, quarrels, outbursts of anger about trivialities, but this time it seemed much more serious; even more serious than that last Saturday morning when she was larking about with her father in his bed, and made that curious discovery, which caused her mother a rather aggressive outburst.

That was of course the last Saturday morning, in which she rushed to her father's bed, and that traumatic event was repressed very quickly in Riva's sub conscious in particular.

She ceased to be her father's sweetie, although their relations have changed very little. Her mother spread her wings over her.

She stopped mumbling in Italian and put her exercise book on the table. She was supposed to board the train to Bucharest this weekend, and pass it in the company of her parents.

But yesterday night she has already informed her mother that she cannot come, that was simply how she felt. She wished to pass that weekend in complete solitude.

While she was gazing vacantly out of her window without seeing much, she kept turning her thoughts in her mind on and on.

She did not wish to stay with her parents, neither on that very moment nor during the weekend that was the resolute decision on "her threshold".

On the other hand she did not feel like, and did not have the will power to bury herself in her room up to next Monday.

What am I doing with myself, what the hell am I doing with myself? She thought with growing frustration.

The only person that could know more details than me, about what's going on between mom and dad, is Yoske; but to try and pull a few words out of his mouth I must do it 'testa a testa' (head to head), it isn't an issue I could discuss in a phone call; and I wouldn't have dared to utter a word on such an issue on the phone. I don't believe he would agree to have such a parley with me, after what has happened between the two of us, although he was ever so nice to me, while seeing us to the airport...

And again she fell into an emotional fit, remembering the short and disappointing relationship she had with him.

Why shouldn't I fly back home this weekend, I can always excuse it by an urge to visit my brother's grave; it's his birthday anniversary this Sunday, if he was still alive. She smiled and after a second she heard herself laughing and a strange burst of laughter it was… As if she surprised herself, but she stopped it immediately and her face darkened. That state of loneliness in which I'm in, would drive me crazy! She thought with a sudden fear.

© Haim Kadman February 2014 " all rights reserved.

 

"Summer Tempest"

Synopsis
The plot of this novel relates the era of the late 90s up to the beginning of the current century. It's the era of hope for peace following the peace agreement between the State of Israel and the P.L.O. organization that was signed in 93, and the disillusion and despair that followed from 95 on with the outburst of the disturbances and the terror attacks.

The two protagonists are Yoske (Joseph) Solan and Erella Zingman Abrahams, both of them and their relatives and friends represent the generation that was born at about the time of the State of Israel war of Independence, during the late 40s and up to the beginning of the 50s of the previous century.

Both the protagonists are married, they were in a romantic relationship during their youthful years; Erella is married to an American tycoon and lives in New York City, while Yoske is married to her best friend Nehama.

Erella lands in Ben-Gurion airport near Tel Aviv, in the midst of this stormy era, to visit her relatives, and with the desire to renew her romantic relationship with her old flame Yoske. 

 

105 chapters

250 pages
122,959 words

www.amazon.com › Books  Literature & Fiction  Erotica

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

567 Views
Added on February 11, 2014
Last Updated on February 11, 2014
Tags: suspense, action, adventure, love, affair, adultry, terror, studies, milano

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman