The decision makers

The decision makers

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my thriller "THE GLOBAL THREAT".

"

"THE GLOBAL THREAT"

An excerpt

The telephone on the National Security adviser's desk rang alarming her. She hardly used it most of her phone calls were received or called through her Smartphone.

'Good Morning Suzan is the president in his office?' She heard John Brennan's voice.

'Hang on John I'll check it out.' She answered and went over to the office of the cabinet affairs where the president usually sits with his "confessioner", but she met Denis Mcdonough there all alone reading a morning paper.

'He didn't show up yet?' She asked him.

'Well he'd a round of interviews in several TV channels yesterday night, you know; he won't show up before ten am I guess. What's the matter?'

'Brennan wants to have a word with him.'

'I'll let him know and tell John he'll call him back.' He answered briskly and returned to the headlines of the morning paper.

She returned to her own office and picked up the receiver. 'Are you still there John?'

'Yes is he still asleep?'

'He'll call you back John, is it that urgent?'

'No Suzan and don't wake him up; I'll wait to his call.'

The time was eleven fifteen when the president met his White House chief of staff.

'Morning Denis what's new?'

'Brennan phoned he expects a call from you sir.'

'Alright call him and let's hear what he wants.'

Mcdonough dialed Brennan's Langley's number and handed the president the receiver.

'Oh hello John what is it?'

'We've got the evidence you wished to see sir?'

'What evidence what are you talking about john?'

'We've satellite pictures of the site, you know sir.'

'I see, do those pictures prove your claim?'

'Yes sir the results are positive, I could come along with the photos and a team of experts, if you aren't too busy sir?'

'How come your experts hadn't revealed it much earlier?'

'Well it's well camouflaged sir, and the site's workers were driven there every day from a nearest village on open trucks, attired in rags, which they surely changed inside; the materials were driven too camouflaged like various agriculture products, and after the contract with them was signed nobody thought of such a possibility… I can hop with a team of experts and the evidence this afternoon sir?'

No John it's no good, it may attract the media snoopers; I'll pay you a visit at your Langley office, at say nine pm.' The President said and hung up.

He turned and faced Mcdonough who listened attentively to the parley. 'What do you say Denis?'

'You're right sir; you'd better do as you've told him, meet him there and learn all the details. With your permission sir I'll start my daily tour of inspection.'

'Yeah go ahead Denis,' the president gave his approval and went to the National Security Adviser's office.

'Hi Suzan, how are you?' He asked her. 'Yes I've called John and heard what he'd to say.' He added as soon as she wished update him on Brennan's call.

'He says he has the smoking gun, what are we supposed to do Suzan?'

'Won't we better wait till he'll update us, and we'll know exactly what's going on?'

'They've cheated us just what Brennan said in our last meeting, so knowing all the details won't change the situation.'

'You think that they've the bomb already, or nuclear war heads as Brennan defined it.'

The president nodded his head in acquiescence.

'In my opinion sir we should ignore it and pretend we don't know a thing about it; I don't see how we would be able to enforce the sanctions again, and if they've the bomb already it will be a futile move sir.'

'Don't we've other options; I mean threats of an attack?'

'It will end up with terrible amount of casualties to both sides, even if we'll defeat them sir.'

'So you believe that they've ground to ground missiles that can reach our country?'

'That what they didn't stop to declare during the last three years, and I don't think we should under estimate their hidden threats.'

'That's what I believe too Suzan I mean ignoring the whole thing for the time being would be the right thing to do, but I wished to know what you think about it and thanks Suzan you're my greatest asset.'

© Haim Kadman February 2014 " all rights reserved.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman