A certain night flight

A certain night flight

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An edcerpt of my thriller "THE GLOBAL THREAT".

"

THE GLOBAL THREAT

An excerpt

 

Not far from Tel Aviv in certain intelligence base an exchange of a few short sentences between the Mehrabad Iranian international airport control tower and an unspecified passenger plane in Teheran airport was monitored at three forty five am. The code TRK911 with which the control tower addressed the unknown passenger plane caught the attention of the duty officer at that late hour, he informed his superior and both of them monitored the plane's flight for two thirty five minutes up to its landing in Turkey; after some checks and measurements they have realized that the plane landed at the Turkish air force Akinci airfield. This specific piece of information was forwarded to the intelligence organization's center.

'The close relations between Ankara and Teheran are known to us since 2010, when Fidan then just their intelligence head had blown up the cover of ten or our Iranian agents, during one of his first visits over there; when neither us nor any Western intelligence that it could ever happen, after all the Turks are Sunnis and Erdogan as their Prime Minister at that time was estimated as part of the West…' The head of the Israeli intelligence remarked at the end of the daily session with the organization's department heads and their deputies. 'Despite the fact that plane's date and time landing in Iran isn't known to us, still it seems a suspicious case.'

'This plane could've landed a night or two earlier in one of their joint civil military airports, and that's why it didn't attract our men's attention.' One of the department heads remarked.

'Well that might be the case you're right. The organization's head agreed. 'Things have changed drastically since 2013, now that Erdogan became the sole ruler. The man is a megalomaniac, there's doubt about it anymore. He didn't cut off his relation the EU or with the US, but he might do it… So I think that we should pay a particular attention to what's going on in Turkey, after that night flight. That will do for today, and pass my appreciation and praise to those two men that hunted this piece of info.'

At nine pm when his day of work was almost over, the organization's head had a phone call. 'There were some two dozen or more loud explosions in the Turkish town of Adana, and near the American airbase at Incirlik.' He heard his deputy's voice on the other side of the line.

'Summon the men it's connected to that plane's yesterday's night flight, till everyone will get to my office there're going to be developments… No it can't wait till tomorrow!' He ordered his deputy and hung up. Loud explosions he said, it must be missiles… Who could launch missiles to Southern Turkey but the Syrian free army, or Al Kaida affiliated groups? He wondered while waiting to the arrival of his inferiors. But till the ten men that represent the five organization's departments and their deputies arrived at his office, two more phone calls were received informing the organization's head on Turkish army units movements towards the Syrian border, during the forty five minutes that passed till everyone he expected arrived; he was notified that explosions were still heard in the vicinity of the American air base in Incirlik, and that the Turks are invading Syria with a force of a full infantry division.

Just me and two more department heads are at work right now ceaselessly, without giving heed to date and time. He realized how unsuitable the situation was.

As for the invasion it's Friday night and it seems that the timing was chosen very carefully, but by whom? He wondered wrecking his head. Could it be an affiliated Al Kaida group that has chosen to launch its attack on Incirlik and Adana just before the weekend, knowing that their provocation would compel the Turks to retaliate and cross the border? But only Assad loyal troops would gain from a Turkish temporary intervention, despite the fact that the Turks are their foes… There could be a third option, a coordinated plot of the Turks with the Iranians; while the Turkish reward could a buffer zone along Northern Syria, which the Turks will control exclusively? Although it doesn't seem realistic the Turks could've reached such an agreement or simply go for it, without any sort of a needed provocation; and just for this certain purpose to form a buffer zone. I'll have to sort it out with my men, and listen to their advice. He thought perturbed and worried.

© Haim Kadman March 2014 " all rights reserved.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
Added on March 14, 2014
Last Updated on March 14, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman