An unintended accident

An unintended accident

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my thriller THE GLOBAL THREAT to be published soon.

"

An unintended accident

The global threat

'I've just returned from an urgent meeting with His Holy Highness,' lieutenant General Qasem Soleimani told his assembled ten Revolutionary Guard headquarters members. 'We were told in the last message, which was received from our embassy in Washington at four am this morning; that our diminished delegation met the big Satan president, and he's supposed to have an answer to our demand to pull out their flotilla from our territorial waters in a few days.' The adored head of the Revolutionary Guard and Iran's brand new defense minister cleared his throat, which was a clear sign to his inferiors how important the current situation is. 'I was authorized by His Holy Highness to prepare an operational plan in twenty four hours, and have his approval to execute it, as soon as possible; which means before our diminished delegation will meet again the big Satan president, to hear his answer.' He made another short pause, to let his inferiors think over what they have already heard.

'Our plan should be based on a general naval maneuver not different from our previous naval maneuvers, but it will culminate with an accident like single attack. It should appear as a technical fault or a human error, the technical fault is the better choice… Well I want to hear what's on your minds? What would be the best way to make the Americans believe it's an unintended accident? Have an open and free discussion; I'll be back in fifteen minutes to learn your suggestions.' With these words their head left the hall, and went over to a close veranda to watch the outside garden below, through its transparent glass pane.

When he came back silence fell again in the hall, and his deputy stood up and declared to his leader, the two most suitable suggestions, which were elected.

'There're two suitable options Your Excellency. The first one is to cause technical damage to the fuel system of one of the assault boats, which would cause the boat to crash with its crew into the starboard or port of one of the three American aircraft carriers. Our casualties will be the proof that it's the outcome of an unintended accident.'

'Fine what's the second option?' Their adored head asked.

'The second Your Excellency is to crash a drone on the deck of one of the aircraft carriers.'

'The second option suits us better at this stage. We need a hidden threat that would serve as a clue of what expects them, and not casualties and a serious damage that may cause retaliation at that early stage. We'll use the assault boat option at a second stage, if the Americans would keep on rejecting our demands.'

© Haim Kadman May 2014 " all rights reserved.

 "The global threat" is a thriller that describes possible geopolitical developments in the very near future. Its plot encompasses the era from mid 2014 up to the end of July 2016. The book's various protagonists are the decision makers in several states all over the globe, which are linked to each other by mutual and contracting state and personal interests.

This thriller is a work of fiction, and is a product of the author's imagination. The protagonists and the different characters' names, and the plot's background descriptions might remind real persons and locations; as the book's purpose is to praise human wisdom, endeavors and accomplishments, there is no harm, offense or insult in it's being a facsimile of real life.

THE GLOBAL THREAT a thriller published with Amazon, 57 chapters, 147 pages, 72,341 words.

 ganxy.com/i/94165.

www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle.../s?...Haim%20Kadman...27%3AHaim%20K..

www.amazon.co.uk › Books  Fiction  Adventure Stories & Action

www.freado.com/book/18683/tha-global-threat

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman