Zarif's answer

Zarif's answer

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt ot the thriller THE GLOBAL THREAT.

"

Zarif's answer

The Global Threat

An excerpt

As soon as their two guests left with a promise to have an answer for them in a day or two, the President and his three colleagues sat a long moment without uttering a single word.

'It's just like Pearl Harbor,' the national security advisor broke the oppressive silence. 'While we'd negotiations with a Japanese delegation, Admiral Yamamoto sent their aircraft carriers with three hundred fighter bombers if I'm not wrong, to attack our navy in Pearl Harbor.'

'So you think that history is going to repeat itself Scarlet, well I'm telling you that it's another Iranian hoax.' The president declared decisively.

'In any case we owe them an answer sir,' the state secretary reminded him.

'Wait a moment maybe what he was telling us is the very truth…' It was the vice president that seemed as if he has awakened from a deep slumber.

'If he was telling us the truth he should have brought the opposition exiled leader with him.' The president rejected the vice president view with scorn.

'He could have reached his decision during the last three days after landing, or maybe the opposition leader is a rival he doesn't trust and doesn't wish to have him as an optional competitor as the new head of state?' The vice president persisted.

'Alright we'll summon everyone, our entire forum to sit on it and decide what to do; but in any case it will take months, it isn't a task that can be prepared and accomplished in a day or two.'

 

The drive back to their hotel passed in utter silence, Zarif sat watching the outside passing sights through the limo's window with a gloomy expression spread all over his face.

It did not worry Rohanei he was aware well enough to the thoughts that were busing Zarif's mind, but if Zarif did not leave the meeting as soon as I declared my request for American assistance to topple our own regime; and if Zarif did not object and kept sitting silently beside me facing the astounded Americans, well that's Zarif's mute answer to my fateful decision. Rohanei concluded calmly without any doubts at all.

As soon as they reached the hotel Zarif followed him without a word still, not even in the elevator up to crossing Rohanei's threshold suite. He had to talk with Rohanei he needed his company, and think it all over, instead of returning to his own suite. He followed Rohanei inside and closed the suite's main door behind them.

Rohanei turned around to meet Zarif's quizzical stare.

'What I've told them is what I believe and what I intend to do Mohammad.' Rohanei said calmly despite his awareness that their suites are bugged. He wanted the Americans to believe that he is on their side.

'I know Hassan and you've had my answer… It isn't easy and it still weighs on my conscious, but I've realized that we've no other choice but to make this drastic decision. I've met the Russian ambassador to Syria and he said that they're going to support our gevernment's  threatening offensive.'

'Did he say how? Have you discussed their plan's details if there's any plan…?'

'No he didn't he just reiterated that they'll support our regime's efforts, that's all he'd to say.'

'I see so their support would be increased threats of their involvement in the crisis. But if the Americans won't flinch and will reject the demand to pull out the naval task force from the Gulf, things may get out of control…'

'That's what I'm afraid too Hassan, it may lead to a third world war… Do you think that you've convinced their president and the three others?'

'I'm afraid that nothing will convince him, he wants to leave office in the end of his term, which is very near; without doing a thing and without having to make an additional crucial decision, and let his successor solve whatever he would leave behind his back. But I don't know how the two others will react; his national security advisor is the president's yes woman.'

'I'm afraid Hassan that the three of them are spineless and not just that woman, and that's why he has chosen them to sit with us.'

© Haim Kadman 2014 �" all rights reserved.

My 14th thriller "The global threat" is a thriller that describes possible geopolitical developments in the very near future. Its plot encompasses the era from mid 2014 up to the end of July 2016. The book's various protagonists are the decision makers in several states all over the globe, which are linked to each other by mutual and contradicting state and personal interests.

This thriller is a work of fiction, and is a product of the author's imagination. The protagonists and the different characters' names, and the plot's background descriptions might remind real persons and locations; as the book's purpose is to praise human wisdom, endeavors and accomplishments, there is no harm, offense or insult in it's being a facsimile of real life.

THE GLOBAL THREAT a thriller published with Amazon.com

57 chapters, 147 pages, 72,341 words.

 ganxy.com/i/94165.

www.freado.com/book/18683/tha-global-threat

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Outstanding write with fantastic presentation.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
1 Review
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 29, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, treason, conspiracy

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman