The candidate

The candidate

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller "A perilous deal", my 15th book to be published soon.

"

The candidate

Operation Adnan

A perilous deal

An excerpt

The first thing the defense minister did after his return from Istanbul, was to call Olgun Baki the Turkish intelligence service's head to a meet him in his office.

'Have you brought along the candidate's personal file?'

'Yes Your Excellency,' Olgun answered and fished Firat's personal from his attaché case, and put it on the desk before the eyes of his superior.

The defense minister dedicated the next several minutes to pass closely over the personal details gathered in the file's two pages, and handed the file back to Olgun.

'Well he looks promising Olgun, what else can you tell me about him?'

'As you've surely noticed Your Excellency Firat is an experienced agent that has executed all his tasks successfully.'

'Has he got in touch with the IHH branch here in Ankara already?'

'Yes Your Excellency and he did it fast. He met another Kurd over there, a veteran member whom he wasn't in touch since he joined the service. So this Kurd that knows him since their mutual childhood in their village near Irbil, recommended him…'

'So that Kurd that recommended him must be a senior member, isn't he?'

'That's right Your Excellency, that friend of his works directly under Husseyin Oruc the organization's deputy general manager.'

'Fine that's a real stroke of luck.' The defense minister remarked smiling. 'What cover does Firat use?'

'He's supposed to have spent the nine years since he parted with his friend in Abu Dhabi with his family, his wife in fact they don't have children yet. We've provided him with the right papers without changing his name.'

'Isn't it risky, I mean using his original name?'

'Not at all Your Excellency he served abroad during most of his years of service under a different identity.' Olgun coughed slightly with a sense of uneasiness. He knew too well how skilled is his boss in clandestine matters, and hoped and prayed that Firat's true vocation won't be identified by some IHH member accidentally.

'I see and when do you suppose he'll be ready for the second stage?'

'In about six weeks Your Excellency or just in a couple of weeks if he'll be demanded to.' Olgun added with a promising smile, despite his own doubts whether Firat will pass successfully the first stage; it's after all Firat's most dangerous one in which he could be exposed, but if he'll pass it without a hitch he won't have any problem to pass easily the second stage… Olgun kept thinking watching his boss with the same confident smile.

'I expect you to update me on every bit of information that Firat will get you.' The defense minister ordered Olgun before he allowed him to leave.

© Haim Kadman August 2014 �" all rights reserved.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

441 Views
Added on August 26, 2014
Last Updated on August 26, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, treason, conspiracy

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman