His own show

His own show

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller "(A perilous deal") THE PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE, my 15th book to be published soon.

"

His own show

The pre-emptive strike

An excerpt

On his way to the Majlis on Monday morning to meet the prime minister in his Majlis chamber, and update His Excellency whether there were significant events of political or clandestine nature during the weekend; Olgun almost laughed aloud on the rear seat of his limousine. Last Saturday when he returned home from his meeting with the prime minister his wife was already set to move. They reached the air port right on time, reached their hotel in that pearl of a town Bodrum on the sea side right on time again for lunch; they enjoyed their stay there immensely, and he promised his wife to spend another free weekend over there. Their mutual plans to fly abroad to Swiss or Italy were simply forgotten, he thought with relief for he could not allow himself to travel that far even for just a short weekend in his current position. The situation at the southern border was very unstable, the Syrian civil war and now the appearance of ISIS as a dangerous threat to any Muslim state, forced him to a permanent alertness; and to be available to his superiors and inferiors alike at any hour of day; and there were those peculiar operations or even bizarre ones, with which he had to cope on top of all his regular and unexpected tasks.

As soon as he reached the prime minister's Majlis chamber, the lone body guard opened the chamber's door and ushered him in without a word. Olgun approached the prime minister desk, while greeting with a shade of a smile all those that were present there at that hour.

'Leave us,' the prime minister said and the half dozen Majlis members turned to the chamber's door, and within a second or two Olgun sat facing the prime minister in the empty chamber.

'Alright Olgun we're moving ahead from this very day.'

'Very well Your Excellency, there'll be results in a week's time if needed.'

'It should take two weeks at least Olgun, a shorter time might look fishy.' The prime minister corrected him with a stern look, and changed his attitude with a smile. 'How was your weekend and where have you spent it you and your pretty wife?'

'We were in Bodrum it was sheer happiness for a change.' Olgun smiled back pleased.

'See you next Monday then Olgun, I've several critical and nagging problems to solve, with those Majlis members that are waiting outside.

 

So the operation is my own show from now on. His Excellency is too busy no doubt, and I won't need to submit him my plan for approval. It doesn't mean that he prefers to clean his hands, and I'll have to bear the consequences if the operation will fail in some way. No, it proves how much he trusts me. Olgun thought on his way back to his office. I'll see Firat tonight and brief him, with just the few details that he's to know. The second stage is the easiest one, but I must plan it very carefully. Olgun kept on thinking after having reached his office; and was sitting next to his desk to plan the next stage step by step, knowing that the briefing must be passed with perfection and the time left to prepare the cover and the documents needed was short.

© Haim Kadman August 2014 " all rights reserved.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
Added on August 28, 2014
Last Updated on August 28, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, treason, conspiracy

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman