A warm welcome

A warm welcome

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

'An Irretrievable Step' is my fifth thriller and my tenth book with Amazon Kindle. It's an espionage thriller that relates the adventures of Doron Seri, an IDF officer that is sent abroad as Raymond M

"

A warm welcome

"An irretrievable step"

An excerpt

Al Italia flight number eight hundred and ninety landed at Ben Gurion airport right on time according to the flight's schedule. Joe Davis left the tourist cabin with the rest of the passengers and started to descend the gangway. He was very surprised to meet Dov waiting for him at the gangway's feet. They exchanged a short greeting and went together to the small VIP hall, where Joe was received as usual after each landing without saying an additional word. But usually some unit colleague was waiting for him when he returned, to pick him and drive him home, and not Dov his superior.

'Is it a kind of a farewell Dov or what?' He asked him as they sat beside each other on the broad bench, waiting for Joe's suitcase to be brought in.

'Oh no it's a gesture of appreciation, I mean it.'

'Thanks very much Dov.' Joe said smiling embarrassedly.

'So how was it?'

'I've met the Serb and told him what we expect from him, and I've brought the documents that Theo managed to put his hands on. He's doing a good job keeping an eye on the terrorist cell in Genoa.'

'What about that Serb is he trustworthy at all?'

'I can't tell yet Dov we'll have to wait and see.'

'Oh thank you my boy,' Dov turned to the young porter. 'Let's move Joe,' he added briskly and waited till Joe took his suitcase and they went out to the waiting car.

'Shraga wants to see us tomorrow, and if you would have landed two hours earlier I would have driven us straight to his office.' He added with chuckle, and taking his right hand off the steering wheel he slapped lightly Joe's shoulder.

'How did he take it? Did he have anything to say about their arrival?'

'He reacted just as you predicted; you're right Joe he's a wise man, and I won't be surprised if he'll ask you to excuse him, indirectly of course…'

'How's our young couple doing?'

'They're in Jerusalem and the internal intelligence takes care of their safety.'

'Where exactly are they staying?'

'They're at the Prima Palace hotel not far from the old city wall, they'd a visit of a messenger from the old city; he brought them a package with their transmitter I believe, we let him pass without his being aware to it. He may observe their coming and going with a binoculars or a telescope, so you'll have to phone them. I'll give you their phone number tomorrow, but we're almost at your home.' Dov added and slowed down.

'See you tomorrow Dov.' Joe said and got off. He unloaded his suitcase and shut the car's luggage compartment, and waited till Dov's car disappeared behind the next street corner.

© Haim Kadman 2012 �" all rights reserved.

www.freado.com/book/16995/an-irretrievable-step

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

681 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 11, 2014
Last Updated on October 11, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman