Ci vediamo

Ci vediamo

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The thriller that opens up my 15th book "A PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE" is a gripping actual espionage thriller as far as I'm allowed to judge. Its word count is 15,455 words, while the entire book includes 21

"

Ci vediamo

"A pre-emptive strike"

An excerpt

On Tuesday morning at eleven am Mr. Anello reported at suite 814 with a lockable attaché case attached to his right wrist with a small chain. He was met at the lobby and checked in the elevator while ascending to the eight floor, and was led to the ante room; and checked a second and only then he was ushered into the living room, to face His Excellency and his entourage of a dozen loyal men and body guards.

'How much does he have in it?' His Excellency asked the secretary in Arabic.

'He says three million dollars.'

'That's not enough! His Excellency retorted.

His Excellency's remark was translated to English, and Mr. Anello suggested a raise of two more million dollars.

'Tell him that there're two famous companies with the same amount waiting for our response.'

'Seven million then that's all we can raise.' Mr. Anello announced after his Excellency demand was translated to him.

'When is he supposed to bring us the four million additional dollars?' His Excellency inquired intrigued.

'In about one hour time,' Mr. Anello replied with a faint smile. 'I'll hop to the Central Bank and be back with the additional sum not in cash of course but with a bank's cheque.'

'Tell him to open the attaché case and we'll count the money in it first of all.' His Excellency told his secretary.

Mr. Anello removed the attaché case from his wrist, unlocked the case and opened it up.

The open loaded case was put on the table and one of His Excellency aids counted the money.

'Aiwa Your Excellency three million dollars.'

'Fine, tell him that he may go now, and if he wants to have the contract; he'll have to be back before two pm with the additional four million.'

'Shall we accompany him to the bank?' The secretary asked.

'If he won't return he would lose the three million he left us, so no need to bother.' His Excellency said with a short laugh.

As soon as he left the InterContinental's lobby Mr. Anello hailed a cab, entered it and told the driver in Italian: 'Let's get the hell out of here.'

They drove at the speed limit according to the local traffic regulation and reached the airport in about twenty minutes.

Mr. Anello picked a handbag from the rear seat and shook the driver's hand.

'Ciao e stai attento.' (see you and take care) He said in Italian.

'Ci vediamo Dave ciao.' (We'll be seeing each other soon Dave).  

As soon as he boarded the plane and settled in his seat in the plane's first class, Dave waited impatiently till the plane took off and pulled a certain electronic device from the handbag. He pushed a red button on the device's top, and released the air caught in his lungs with relief.

 

'You look at it as if you haven't seen cash money ever before, and it isn't that much.' His Excellency scolded his secretary. 'Close that case will you?'

The attaché case was closed as His Excellency ordered.

'Alright call room service to fetch us lunch, I'm hungry.' His Excellency declared.

Lunch was brought up and they sat in the huge suite dining room around the big table to satiate their hunger and discuss the grim situation in Gaza.  The closed attaché case was kept on the table near His Excellency during the meal. While they had desert and coffee His Excellency turned a quizzical look at his secretary.

'What time is it?' His Excellency wondered. Hardly a friction of a second passed, and a loud explosion shook the Intercontinental eight floor.

A sharp acrid smell and a cloud of black smoke filled the space of suite's 814 dining room. His Excellency sprawled on his back amid debris of furniture, utensils and bits of food and splashed coffee with wide open eyes; and watched amazed the swarm of flying one hundred dollar bills swirling up above his head, like a huge flock of tiny birds ready to land, a friction of a second, before his soul left his body.

© Haim Kadman 2014 �" all rights reserved.

 

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

562 Views
Added on October 15, 2014
Last Updated on October 15, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman