Smadar

Smadar

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller Summer tempest.

"

Smadar

"Summer Tempest"

An excerpt

Yoseph Solan or ‘Yoske’ as he was known to his friends and acquaintances since his days in the ‘Working Youth movement', was sitting on an armchair opposite the screen of the TV set in his living room, watching the newscast, wearing a T-shirt and shorts. 

Nehama his wife was still at their pastry shop in Alenby Street at that time. She must have released their three waitresses, and she'll close down their business without his assistance.  He expected her to join him in about an hour time more or less.

This certain arrangement in which he opens up in the morning and she closes down in the evening was put into effect just recently, after one of their employees dared to complain to his wife that he Yoske harasses her.

What have I done to her after all? He thought embittered, trying to visualize in his mind’s eye how she must have rushed to his wife with tears running down her cheeks.

Yeah, what have I done to her for God sake?!?

He complimented her several times referring to her zealousness and to her good looks although she was not particularly pretty but she was some twenty years younger than him. While he watches his wrinkled face in the mirror every morning, and knows to appreciate well enough the advantages of a young woman; a woman that has not reached yet forty years of life, and her skin is well stretched over her limbs; and her smile does not distort her face into infinite tiny furrows.

The tone of her voice has enchanted me that must be it. That's the secret of her charm, since she was accepted to work at our shop some twelve months earlier. It’s simply incredible how time flies by…He thought with wonder.

Nehama his wife interviewed her and decided to accept her, while he hardly took any particular notice of her. She was one more hand as far as he was concerned. She has a nice slim figure and she is not bad looking at all, and that slim and lovely figure of hers attracted his attention too.

Nehama was the one to interview her and not him, and she decided without consulting him to accept her as one of their workers.

They had two more waitresses, who emigrated from Russia a few years ago, Inna and Svetlana. Both of them were about his own age, mothers to grown up children, and they did not rouse any particular interest as far as he was concerned; thus he treated them in the same manner his wife treated them.

While this young woman Smadar is her name is single, born in Israel like him and his wife, about thirty five years of age. She is quite witty; an intelligent young woman for truth sake; and that might have been the ‘fault’ that deterred her admirers, her wisdom.

“Our asset” that is how Nehama called her after the very first week, in which Smadar was employed in their pastry shop. That is how Nehama defined her to him rather proudly when they returned home on Friday evening, which summed up Smadar’s first week in their pastry shop. Her presence has improved considerably their income.

Smadar's relatively young age didn't influence Nehama to react as she usually reacted in such cases; for she used to reject young candidates, particularly when a good looking one appealed for a job in their pastry shop. Nehama used to reject them right away with a short negative sentence.

© Haim Kadman 2007 �" all rights teserved.

www.freado.com/book/16996/summer-tempest‎‎

https://www.oauthor.com/buy/Summer_tempest

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

567 Views
Added on October 26, 2014
Last Updated on October 26, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman