Tania

Tania

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The Red Square is an espionage thriller, which relates the trials of an American secret agent in Moscow.

"

Tania

"The Red Square"

An excerpt

Near the hotel entrance just before crossing its threshold, Sam with his back to the reception counter, swerved from side to side and squeezed his body between Paul and the entrance post, as if he was in a hurry for some reason �" as he moved forward he pushed an envelope into Paul’s coat pocket.

A cab was waiting already in front of the entrance. While he was shaking his operator’s hand Paul asked him: ‘Shall I see you to the airport?’ It was the right thing to do. They had to show their pursuers that they have nothing to hide.

Thanks, I won’t get lost…’ Was Sam’s answer with much disdain, and he went straight away to the waiting cab.

Well, what an encouraging meeting it was… Paul thought as he watched the cab driving away for a few seconds, trying to get a glimpse of a following car �" but there was no car following his operator's cab.

It looks as if Sam is riding on without any kind of an escort… They know that he’s bound for the airport, they’re waiting there, to see him off; and the cab must be monitored in some way or another. Paul summed that little riddle up and turned about to walk on, without any idea where to.

As he strolled on the pavement along Ulitsa Varvaka, trying to find his way to the Red Square as any other tourist would do; and he is some six weeks in this majestic capital already and hasn’t been there yet. He might check surveillance meanwhile he thought a bit encouraged. It might revive my spirits watching their difficulties in tailing stealthily an object matter on a huge empty square.

Sprechen zie Deutch?

No I don’t speak German.’ Paul answered surprised, watching the lovely features of the young woman that accosted him. He was accosted several times before already by good looking young women, who turned to him in hesitant English. This one except her original style of approach had an extremely captivating smile, exposing her even white teeth and a thin line above of dark red gum �" and her exceptional full and red lips. He could not ignore her and walk on, as he treated her few colleagues on the few previous occasions.

You’re a Frenchman then?’

No I’m American.’

I see, lost your group? I’m a tourist guide.’ She hastened to declare with that alluring smile of hers.

Natalie of the Red Square I presume, the one that certain French singer misses so much…’ Paul suggested laughing.

Oh I know and love this song.’ She answered with a sweet chuckle. ‘My name is Tania, I’ll be glad to show you around and help you find your way.’

She speaks perfect English, with perfect pronunciation of a skilled pro. She doesn’t try to hide it like her predecessors with Pidgin English, they think I’m ripe for defection, well they’re dead wrong. Alright I’ll play your little game, according to my own rules.

‘Mine is John.’ He said and kept watching her smiling face and her dark blue eyes.

Oh, nice to meet you John, is there a site that you’d like to see?’

‘Well, I haven’t got the slightest idea yet, but we’ll have to sit somewhere and see.’ I’ve rejected some of those females already, and if I wish to play the dumb tourist that has nothing to hide, I must change tactics �" even break the rules, up to a certain limit. He thought watching her exceptional beautiful features, unable to make up his mind whether it's his desperate need to beguile his pursuers or the charms of that young woman that made him change his mind.

I know a very nice place not far from here, let’s go then.’ She added touching gently his arm and off they went side by side.

She wasn’t tall, her head with her fur cap was hardly an inch above his shoulder; and she wore high heeled boots. An elegant black coat covered her body, it didn’t hide the good figure she surely has. He thought eying her curiously. She caught his look smiling with tight lips.

‘The best things come in small packages…’ She said beaming, as if she read his thoughts.

© Haim Kadman 2008 �" all rights reserved.

www.freado.com/book/16999/the-red-square

www.oauthor.com/a/Haim_Kadman

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

735 Views
Added on October 29, 2014
Last Updated on October 29, 2014
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, espionage, adventure, action, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman