The right decision

The right decision

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

My 14th thriller "The global threat" is a thriller that describes possible geopolitical developments in the very near future. Its plot encompasses the era from mid 2014 up to the end of July 2016. The

"

The right decision

"The Global Threat"

An excerpt

'We made the right decision didn't we?'  Erdogul declared smiling to his prime minister, while sitting over a glass of Raki. Alcohol consumption was restricted by law since Erdogul's Justice and Development party won the elections, when he was still just Turkey's prime minister. But in private while celebrating with his loyal subordinate and close friend Hakim, they raised a glass for their wise decision not to cut completely Turkey's ties with the West, which was a completely different matter.

'And that's thanks to your exceptional wisdom Mahammid.' Hakim hastened to compliment his president.

'Their delegation's trip to Washington is a resounding fiasco, and it was led by their two most successful diplomats. I don't believe they'll give up, but I hope and pray that they won't turn to us, to give them a hand in some way.' The president expressed his thoughts aloud, as a prelude to an analysis that he and his close friend were on the verge of carrying out.

'Do you think Mahammid that the Iranians will ask us to expel the Americans? I don't think that they'll ask us to do it, for I believe that they've realized that we've decided not to take any part in their hazardous adventures.'

'It was the right thing to do Allah be praised; we'll keep our Turkey neutral just like Inonu did during world war two.' The president noted thoughtfully. 'But they won't sit idly by and they've the support of the Russians… So what do you think they're going to do Hakim?'

'I wouldn't try to predict Mahammid they're unpredictable.' The prime minister answered with a wry smile. 'I didn't think that their diplomatic delegation would leave the US so soon, it didn't cross my mind; but thinking of it now, I believe that move is intended to increase the pressure on the Americans…'

'That means that we should expect some harsher steps on their part.'

'Yes you're right as always Mahammid, but do you think that they'll cut off their diplomatic relations with the US again?'

'No Hakim I don't believe that they'll go that far, but let's assess their possibilities one by one.'

'Okay they may call their ambassador for consultations, and arrange public demonstrations in front of the American embassy in Teheran; and I won't be surprised if they'll ask us to do the same,' Aslan added laughing.

'Oh yeah they may try for all I care,' the president remarked with a broad smile on his face. 'Pour us another glass Hakim.' He asked his prime minister and clunked the full glass with his close and loyal friend.

© Haim Kadman 2014 �" all rights reserved.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

786 Views
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman