An imperative task

An imperative task

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

"The global threat" is a thriller that describes possible geopolitical developments in the very near future. Its plot encompasses the era from mid 2014 up to the end of July 2016. The book's various p

"

An imperative task

"The Global Threat"

An excerpt of chapter 51

To his utter surprise a day after the last cabinet meeting His Holy Highness summoned him to a personal meeting.

The time was nine forty five while Rohanei was sitting in his Sa'dabad palace office reading the Teheran Times in English, when the call of His Holy Highness's secretary came in. The sudden ringing of the phone alarmed him for a friction of a second, as he was concentrated in reading the leading article.

'You didn't mention date and time?' Rohanei asked surprised.

'His Holy Highness expects you to come right away Your Excellency.'

What could it be now? Rohanei wondered alarmed again disturbed and worried. He had no other choice but to obey His Holy Highness's order immediately. He told his secretary to inform his chauffeur to be ready and went down to the palace entrance.

Kianoush received him with a polite smile and Rohanei felt much better, he was not going to hear some unpleasant news. He thought relieved.

'Let sit down Hassan,' Kianoush said and putting a hand on Rohanei's shoulder led him towards his desk.

'I've been thinking a lot on the current situation and decided to delay temporarily all naval and air activities against the American warships.' He cleared his throat watching Rohanei puzzled face.

'I've had a long discussion with Qasem last night, and we've reached the same conclusion at the end of our discussion. We need your diplomatic services once more Hassan, before we'll use more drastic means.'

'I'll obey and execute Your Holy Highness instructions, and do my utmost to serve our country.'

'I'm glad to hear it Hassan for we prepared a very complicated task for you. You'll fly to Washington with a small delegation this time, with the men that you'll choose according to your needs and understanding. Our foreign affairs minister will travel to Damascus to meet the Russians to negotiate with them the terms and conditions of their support. He will join you in Washington as soon as he'll reach the deal we wish to have with the Russians. One more person that will join you from the very beginning is our ambassador to Washington, who will return to his post, for how long we don't know yet of course. Kianoush had to clear his throat again, to form the right sentence he wished to say in his mind.

'Your task would differ completely this time from your previous one Hassan, you'll have to appear as the liberal faction representative of our country as usual, but to play a hard and complicated role of a desperate and significant public figure that you're, who's ready to cooperate with the other side. You'll have to wait till our foreign affairs minister will join you, and you'll suggest to the Americans to lead a plot to topple the legitimate regime of our country.'

'But Your Holy Highness I can't do such a thing, and I don't know how to describe my feelings? It's appalling I beg Your Holy Highness to relive me of that horrible task… It's well above my humble capabilities…' The shocked Rohanei exclaimed.

'You and Mohammad Javad Zarif are the only prominent members of our regime with western academic education… They'll believe you and it's a must Hassan, it may need excruciating efforts I agree, but it's an imperative task.'

'And what then Your Holy Highness, what will be the next stages…?'

'We can't predict what will come next, it would depend on how the Americans would react and the way things will develop over there, which you two will have to judge and inform us.'

'I see Your Holy Highness; I swear to do my utmost in the interests of our country.' Rohanei muttered as he kissed Kianoush hand before leaving.

So last night he'd a long discussion with Qasem, and today he instructs me to do what they planed us to do, me and Zarif; all I've to do is put two and two together. Rohanei kept thinking worried while being driven back to his Sa'dabad Palace. It reminds me of the Japanese diplomatic delegation sent to the US to discuss a peace treaty, and in mid negotiations the Japanese air force attacked Pearl Harbor… While Zarif and I will offer our services to the Americans to topple our own country's regime, Qasem will attack the American flotilla with the help of the Russians… It's madness and I can't believe that it'll came off as planned. Whatever will be the results the two of us will have to stay in the US. Our supreme leader and Qasem don't trust us, and treat us as their rivals… They'll spread the rumor that we've defected, and thus if they'll win or lose we'll be accused in treason. Let me see then, we'll depart next week and two or three days later Zarif will join me, which means that Qasem would attack their flotilla at the end of July 2016; before the elections of the two parties candidates, the timing is the main part of this foolhardy attack. They'll try to frighten the American president to death, without launching a single intercontinental missile. No I mustn't despair it can be our salvation… Even this weak American president shall have to hit back, and the West will prevail; and our country will be rid of that pack of mad fanatics.

 Haim Kadman 2014 �" all rights reserved.

 

A short synopsis

"The global threat" is a thriller that describes possible geopolitical developments in the very near future. Its plot encompasses the era from mid 2014 up to the end of the year 2016. The book's various protagonists are the decision makers in several states all over the globe, which are linked to each other by mutual and contrasting state and personal interests.

This thriller is a work of fiction, and is a product of the author's imagination. The protagonists and the different characters' names, and the plot's background descriptions might remind real persons and locations; as the book's purpose is to praise human wisdom, endeavors and accomplishments, there is no harm, offense or insult in it's being a facsimile of real life.

THE GLOBAL THREAT a thriller published with Amazon.com, it contains 57 chapters, 155 pages, 72,997 words.

N.B. between Nov. 3 and Nov. 14 this year, 134 books were downloaded from my page with Amazon.com; The Global Threat = 96 books; Blended Lit. Flashes = 7 books and Summer Tempest =31 books

www.amazon.com/Haim-adman/e/B009Z7XL8C

www.oauthor.com/a/Haim_Kadman

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

794 Views
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on November 15, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman