Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
The flight back

The flight back

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

I believe that my 15th book titled "A PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE" represents my best creation along three decades of writing. www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

"

The flight back

"A pre-emptive strike"

An excerpt

The second week passed faster than the first one, Firat thought while flying back to Ankara, and sneaking a furtive glance to his wife sitting beside him and reading the current popular "Formasante" magazine.

'What's wrong Metin you look worried.'

'Oh I'm not worried my dearest,' he lied to her. It's that feeling you know my dearest, the sad feeling at the end of an exceptional vacation.'

'Yes it was such a wonderful time to be together all alone without the daily worries. It was just like our second honeymoon,' She whispered to him excitedly and kissed his lips ignoring the passenger that sat next to them. 

At one forty five pm after a short flight of two hours fifteen minutes the plane landed in Ankara Esenboga airport. Firat and Belar his wife queued in mid a queue of impatient passengers moving slowly towards the plane's forward exit, As soon as they crossed the plane exit door and entered the gangway, two plainclothes men stopped them.

'Metin Firat you're under arrest, follow us please the two of you.' One of them said aloud enough to scare the rest of the few passengers who were in front and the few behind them. Belar was petrified and was not able to utter a single syllable. Firat watched her pale face, took her hand and pulling her slightly forward he followed the two men.

They led them to a side staircase, and descending it they reached a closed door that led outside.

One of the plainclothes men pulled a magnetic card and opened up the door.

A van was parked on the road next to the terminal's tall wall, and their escort ordered Firat and his wife to board it.

What I've been afraid of happened. Firat thought alarmed and frightened while embracing tightly Belar's shoulder on their way to Ankara. To Firat surprise as soon as they set off the two men treated them with politeness, taking pains to ease the atmosphere; they asked them how they enjoyed their stay in Irbil, and how was their flight back.

Things aren't so bad after all it must be a staged arrest, and that's why I was kept away from the service center's premises before we were sent to Irbil. He thought and looking at Belar he smiled with tight lips and made a light nod of his head, as a mute sign that all is well.

The van reached Ankara and stopped not far from their apartment.

'Do you hold both your passports in your handbag?' The service crew leader asked him.

'Yes I'm carrying our passports and our flight tickets.' Firat answered and reminded the service crew leader that arrested them, what he forgot to ask.

'Fine give your wife your apartment keys then, she's getting off here. Your luggage will be brought to your apartment in a short while Mdm. Firat.'

'Aren't we…?' Belar stammered with alarm and hesitation, she did not want to leave her husband.

'Oh he'll be back with you very soon, don't you worry Mdm. Firat. The talkative service man promised her. She kissed Firat got off, and off they went.

They drove on leaving Ankara behind them, turned eastward and reached the town of Almadag. The van stopped in front of Almadag police station, and Firat was led to one of the interrogation rooms. To his surprise his unit leader was sitting there in wait for him.

''I was asked to give you our service head's regards.' He opened up as they were left alone, and Firat sat facing him.

'Give me your passports and your flight tickets first of all.'

'May I ask you sir what's it all about?' Firat asked him with a shaky voice, while handing him the documents and the tickets that he and his wife had in their possession during the last two weeks.

'You'll have a certain visitor to night, and he will explain everything to you, meanwhile you'll be kept in one of the cells in this station under bearable conditions.' His unit leader called the police guards, and left without waiting to see his subordinate being taken to his cell.

© Haim Kadman 2014 �" all rights reserved.

 

A pre-emptive strike as far as I'm allowed to judge. Its word count is 15,455 words, while the entire book includes 21 additional short stories of suspense and adventure, which have been written since the beginning of 2013. The entire book word count is 36,135 words. I believe that my 15th book titled "A PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE" represents my best creation along three decades of writing.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

966 Views
Added on November 20, 2014
Last Updated on November 20, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman