Debatable conclusions

Debatable conclusions

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

ISIS isn't the West worst threat and enemy, it could be a fleeting episode if the West would decide to annihilate it. The West is letting it to survive and fight its and the West enemy IRAN.

"

Debatable conclusions

"The Global Threat"

An excerpt

The atmosphere in the session hall during the weekly meeting of the Israeli external intelligence service department heads was gloomy and solemn; the end of the Syrian civil war was an imminent threat.

'It's clear now that Erdogul despite the differences of faith has joined the axis of evil.' With these words the external intelligence service's head opened up the meeting.

'Their unexpected relationship started with intelligence ties with Teheran to spite the EU, as a direct outcome to the EU's refusal to accept Turkey as a member in its ranks. France and Germany and some more EU members claimed during the talks with the Turks in Brussels that Erdogul's regime isn't democratic, and they were right for he took power by force and turned into a dictator. He didn't cooperate with NATO and by now there's no doubt that he's quitted NATO. We do know that his prime minister Aslan his right hand and the head of all their intelligence services was in Moscow three months ago, and to our estimation he signed there the deal, which its results we witness now.' During the short pause that the head of the organization made, he took a sweeping look on the grim faces of his subordinates, awaiting some supporting comments. But there were none, and he continued his speech..

'We can thank God now for rejecting Erdogul's conditions for reconciliation. Okay but let's hear your views about the current situation in Syria, and what in your opinion the Iranians intend to do now.' He had no doubt at all what he should advice the Prime Minister, but the issue had to be discussed thoroughly; his department heads were wise and experienced men and most of them had brilliant brains.

Just one department head's deputy suggested the option of a pre-emptive attack on the Iranian nuclear plants; his suggestion was rejected on the spot and all the rest of the participants recommended not to act meanwhile, and to keep an eye on any threatening signs.

Well I'm ready for the cabinet meeting tonight, the organization's head thought, at the end of the weekly meeting with his men. I don't think that the cabinet members will have some contradicting views, but I wonder what the army intelligence chief's opinion will be.

 

At ten pm he participated in the emergency meeting of the security affairs cabinet, which the Prime Minister ordered to hold.

Apart from the heads of the intelligence and security organizations and the army chief of staff, just the defense minister and the foreign affairs minister were invited by the Prime Minister to this urgent meeting.

'We all know what's been happening lately in Syria, according to our estimation right after the Turkish invasion has been realized.' The prime minister declared at the meeting's opening. The civil war in Syria that was on the brink of ending in favor of the Syrian free army, took a drastic change with the Turks betrayal, and despite the efforts of the US and the Saudis the Syrian free army has been defeated; as a direct outcome the Iranians helped the Hezbollah to take over Lebanon, and they're free now to expand their influence and terror, or turn to threaten their neighbors or us. What we do have to expect then? Let's start with your team's analysis Nadav.' The prime minister turned to the head of the National Security Council.

'Now that the war in Syria is over we believe that the Iranians will send crews of guerilla warfare experts to the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. Their first aim would be to topple the PLO Authority, and hand it over to the Hamas movement. It will force us to act and with the breaking of hostilities they'll order the Hezbollah and Hamas Gaza to join in with missile launching on our cities.' He cleared his throat with a note of uneasiness, but went straight on. 'They'll be free to initiate terror attacks against our embassies and our citizens abroad.'

'There's only one possibility to prevent or rather decrease those threats.' The head of the army intelligence commented on his colleagues review. 'It's our estimation too more or less; I mean the possibilities described by Nadav, and according to our estimation we shall have to attack the Iranians' nuclear plants…'

'Have you a prepared a plan for such an attack?' The prime minister turned to the army chief of staff abruptly. 'Do you really believe that's what should be done?'

'Yes I don't see any other way to prevent them from strangling us in stages.' The army chief of staff replied.

'I gave my word to someone not to take on such an operation.' The prime minister reminded the two army representatives.

'They're busy over there with their coming presidential campaign, and our air force attacks won't last more than twenty four hours.'

'It's a war declaration and if you believe that the Americans will join in you're wrong.' The prime minister remarked solemnly.

'We didn't take the Americans into account in our plans, we can handle it without their help, and we've enough anti missile Arrow batteries plus eighteen operational Iron Dome batteries, to intercept their missiles in the atmosphere.'

'May I've a word?' The head of the external security service asked raising his voice. A short silence ensued and the army chief of staff and his subordinate watched the intruder with suspicion; they could guess that he is going to undermine their theories.

'To our estimation based on info that we've received from our sources during the last months; we aren't on the Iranians sights in the near future. We do agree with Nadav's estimation concerning the future infiltration of Iranians' crews of guerilla warfare experts to the West Bank, but right now the Iranians are concentrating their efforts in getting rid of the American fifth fleet task force, which anchors in the Persian Gulf.' He exchanged a curious look with the two army representatives, hoping they don't refer to his argument as a personal challenge to belittle what they had to say.

'The Iranians since 2003 proved to be very cautious, as long as part of the fifth fleet anchors in the Persian Gulf they won't dare to attack us directly. We may estimate that if our air force will attack their nuclear plants the American won't help us, but that's not the Iranians' estimation; it doesn't mean that they won't retaliate if we'll attack them, it will result in a war as the prime minister said. Now the Iranians' policy of threats is intended to enforce their demands and achieve their goals without hostilities, and they intend to threaten the US weak administration before a new president will be elected…'

'Do you really believe that the Iranians will frighten the Americans and succeed to force them to pull out their fleet?' The chief of staff barged in angrily. 

'Yes I do believe it! Haven't the Americans backed off when they'd to bombard Syria in 2013? Haven't they let the Iranians reach nuclear capability, and haven't they let down the Ukrainians? So in our estimation the Americans will let down their rich allies, the United Arab Emirates!' His last words fell on the ears of all his colleagues including the prime minister like the explosion of a demolition charge right in their midst.

'So what should we do, according to your team's analysis?' The prime minister asked.

'We've to prevent as much as we can the infiltration of Iranian subversive crews to the West Bank, and be ready to any developments up to the end of the presidential elections in the US.'

'Don't you think that they'll try to make their move against us before the presidential elections in the US? They know just like us that the next US president will be a republican.' The prime minister wondered with a note of disbelief.

'Their main problem is the fifth fleet if they'll succeed to persuade the Americans to order their warships to pull out; they'll be free to establish their hegemony on the entire region.'

'I don't agree with every word said in that last analysis,' the foreign minister joined the discussion. 'But we also believe that the Iranians' priorities are elsewhere, meanwhile of course and attacking them now would be a grave mistake.

'Yes that's right!' The prime minister agreed with him. 'We've to wait and check meticulously the situation every day and every hour… We'll meet to assess the situation's developments more frequently, from now on.'

© Haim Kadman 2014 " all rights reserved.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

www.oauthor.com/a/Haim_Kadman

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1021 Views
Added on December 13, 2014
Last Updated on December 13, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman