Apprehension

Apprehension

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the novel Summer Tempest, chosen to express feeling of solidarity with the hostages in Lindsi Café, Sidney Australia.

"

Apprehension

"Summer Tempest"

An excerpt

'Is it you Smadar?' A female's voice frightened and shaky was heard.

'Yes mother it's me;' she answered and shut the entrance door behind her. 'Who could have entered our home except me?' She added while walking to the center of the living room, towards the armchair on which her mother was sprawled upon.

'I've fallen asleep; I worried for you so much, why have you returned so late?'

'I always return at that hour mother, why are you worried?'

Figures and shapes were leaping hither and thither on the TV screen dialogues in English reached Smadar's ears.

'There was again a terror attack with so many casualties, how can you say: "why are you worried? How can I be not worried when you're working in such a place? Why don't you return to work in your profession?' Her mother scolded her straightening up in her armchair, and watching her with accusing eyes.

'But it happened in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv is out of their reach.' Her daughter answered with obvious apathy. 'Have you'd dinner yet?'

 Haim Kadman Dec. 15th 2014 �" all rights reserved.

In solidarity with the hostages in Lindsi Café, Sidney Australia.

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

701 Views
Added on December 15, 2014
Last Updated on December 15, 2014
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman