The terror operator

The terror operator

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Happy New Year my dear colleagues and friends! Captivating thrillers of past and current events and novels, which are absorbing read each one of them www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

"

The terror operator

The Death Sciences

An excerpt

The phone rang suddenly loud and shrill, pounding in Samir’s brain over and over again. He could have jumped right out of his own skin. He almost groaned aloud, exhaling the caught air in his lungs with widening nostrils. 

‘Hello, who is it?’ asked the bearded man, holding the receiver close to his hairy cheek. ‘Who…? Whom do you want in the name of Allah? No!’ He raised his voice almost to a shout. ‘It’s not the Anthawee residence and we didn’t send any laundry!’ Feigning bad temper he hung up decisively and turned back to Samir.

‘Well?’ He asked in a calm and reassuring smile, pulling a packet of cigarettes out of his breast pocket �" some foreign brand that Samir did not know of.

‘A cigarette,’ he offered his young guest with deliberate ease offering it to Samir, while opening the packet �" a feat he managed to execute with the fingers of his extended hand.

‘So, what was it then?’ He asked again as if he were thinking aloud, or scanning his own memory.

Praised be Allah, thought the bearded man with much relief, watching Samir’s slim fingers as he pulled a cigarette out of the open packet.

The first phase passed successfully! The young man is clean, nobody followed him and nobody would suspect him. Thus there’s no need to cancel the operation, as it did happen already on several occasions before…

Taking a deep breath of air, he was swept with a sudden wave of elation. But there isn’t any reason to rejoice yet! He reminded himself cautiously. The young man’s ability is very doubtful. He isn’t an experienced member and he didn’t have any training of any sort… and how he would bear with the tasks we have in store for him, Allah and no one but Allah knows… His European appearance is his one asset, and that’s it for the time being is seems. Yes, it’s a risky business. But enough with it! He scolded himself decisively, cutting his own thoughts briskly.

‘All right, you have brought us some information I understand, go ahead talk, I’m listening.’

‘I was asked some time ago to collect any information I could get.’ Samir answered, exhaling cigarette smoke and feeling rather encouraged. ‘The truth I must say, I haven’t managed to collect anything of much importance, but Valid said…’

‘There’s no need to mention names,’ remarked the bearded man interrupting his young guest, not too harshly though �" taking care not to hurt the young man’s feelings at that early stage. ‘Try to talk in general terms, make it a habit of yours. Use phrases like I‘ve heard, I‘ve been informed, without mentioning the source. As long as you aren’t asked to get down to details, there’s no need to, this way we would all last longer, and survive to serve our holy cause.’

‘Thank you, that’s exactly what I shall do from now on. With you permission I’ll continue.’

As his host just kept on watching him in silence, Samir went straight on: ‘I’ve been asked to collect information on movements and habits of personalities �" I mean enemy personalities and I’ve brought with me such material.’

‘What personalities? What kind of personalities?’ His host asked in a rather flat and indifferent voice, as if he was uninterested in the whole matter.

‘It's my ex rector.’

‘You took your time didn’t you? Made sure to graduate first; passed the ceremonies and all, got a diploma hanging on the wall I bet!’ Retorted the bearded man suddenly, with unhidden contempt.

‘What, beahiat Allah (in God’s life I swear)! I’d no such thoughts ever…’ Samir stammered, entirely shocked. ‘He’s an old man I couldn't have ever imagined he would interest anyone!’ He went on vehemently. ‘I thought I would have made a laughing stock of myself, that’s what I thought �" that’s what I was sure of, and if I wasn’t asked to bring along the little I’ve got on him, I wouldn’t have come… Beahiat Alllah (in God's life) I wouldn’t have come!’

‘He must be the very kind who wouldn’t harm a fly no doubt, that ex rector of yours.’ The bearded man echoed right after him adding fuel to the fire, with rough sarcasm that harbored quite an amount of reproach.

Samir bewildered watched the hairy mocking face of his host. He didn’t agree to come to this meeting just to let that man humiliate him �" mock him openly, laugh straight in his face; whatever that man’s rank and position might be. He was getting very angry and frustrated. ‘Well yes, he didn’t hurt or harm me.’ He answered his host’s challenge, looking straight into his host’s eyes. ‘What’s more, I’ve found him very useful, and now having no more use for him, he doesn’t bother my thoughts anymore.’

Though he stood up to his host defiantly, he chose on purpose the last phrase to appease him, without losing his face and without offending his host, finding the right path back to obedience.

Fine, fine indeed! The bearded man thought quite pleased. That’s exactly the type of man that we need. If he will be prepared carefully, he might be persuaded to carry out any task… Yes I’ll better finish it right away, the act of persuasion �" thus delays, hesitations and doubts, which end up usually in withdrawals, cancellations or worse in total failure �" shall be avoided at last. Yes, I must conclude it tonight, and thus prevent any possible leakage �" that’s the right and only way to succeed!

© Haim Kadman 1991 �" all rights reserved.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1023 Views
Added on January 6, 2015
Last Updated on January 6, 2015
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, conspiracies, treason, terror

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman