The impeachment threat

The impeachment threat

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

• My 16 thrillers and novels are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in th

"

The threat of impeachment

The Global Threat

An excerpt

The triumvirate led by the defense secretary, did not lose precious time; congressmen and senators of both parties were summoned in small groups to attend clandestine meetings with the trio from Tuesday July the fifth on. The invited public representatives listened to repeated reviews by the CIA head and the army chairman of chiefs of staff on the imminent dangers; and a summing up by the defense minister that demanded an immediate action to be taken. Despite the White House cover up of the meeting with the two top Iranian envoys, the triumvirate relentless efforts were successful; they had enough reliable information without the Iranians president's evidence.

Thus on Monday July the eleventh the US congress convened for an emergency session in which it was decided unanimously to postpone the presidential election campaign, and summon the president and compel him to order a pre-emptive attack on Iran's nuclear center near the city of Zahedan. The congress nominated the triumvirate to bring the president to Capitol Hill, and on three fifteen pm the triumvirate met the president in the White House; the defense secretary acted as the triumvirate's spokesman and informed the president the congress's decision.

'I veto this absurd decision and do clear off, beat it!' The president shouted furiously at them. Medows and Rives the national security adviser rushed out from her office, to his help dumbfounded.

'I've told you to get the hell out of here!' The president shouted again stamping the floor with his right foot.

'You'd better come along with us sir, or congress will nominate a temporary commander in chief to replace you, and you sir will be impeached automatically.'

'What the hell is it all about how dare you to turn with such impunity to the president?' The national security adviser screeched frantically in hysterics.

'You've five minutes to make up your mind sir, the moment we leave the White House without you, you'll be de facto out of office sir.' The defense secretary declared calmly, ignoring completely the national security adviser's hysterical outburst.

It took the president seven long minutes to make up his mind and he agreed despite the unbearable humiliation, which he had to suffer but he asked Rives and Medows to accompany him.

The defense secretary briefed him during the ride on what was expected of him with a few words, which increased the president's feelings of humiliation.

When they entered the session hall the president was received to his surprise with a standing ovation by the members of the two houses, democrats and republicans alike. He went to the stand between the applauding house members and reaching it he waited till they'll calm down and be seated.

He swallowed his saliva and with a shaky voice declared on his commitment to defend the nation's citizens and interests, and ordered the army to act according to the pentagon's plan. He thanked God he did not have to declare publically war on Iran, as it was just a pre-emptive attack; and as he was about to leave the stand he became suddenly very weak and leaned on the banister, and all he wished was to get back to the White House. He stepped down very carefully holding the wooden banister, and leaned on Rives that rushed to his help and with a bowed head and with her assistance he passed through the rows of the standing house members, which did not applaud him this time.

He left Capitol Hill weak and terribly depressed.

The order was given by the defense secretary to the fifth fleet commander and at five pm a salvo of tomahawk cruise missiles was launched from the USS Barry of the Persian Gulf naval task force. The target was the Iranian nuclear center near the city of Zahedan; fifty three minutes later huge nuclear mushrooms reached the atmosphere, and the nuclear thunderous  explosions were heard all over Iran.

© Haim Kadman 2015 �" all rights reserved.

My 16 thrillers and novels are available to read with Kindle Unlimited  in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to purchase for a reasonable price. . www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

870 Views
Added on February 22, 2015
Last Updated on February 22, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, treason, conspiracy

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman