The aftermath

The aftermath

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

#suspense #thriller #espionage, The Death Sciences free to download 3-5.3.15 www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

"

The aftermath

The Death Sciences

An excerpt

In the dark lane, beyond the door he had just closed behind his back, Samir stumbled and made his first uncertain steps as if he was drunk; bewildered and confused his blood still pounding in his veins he made his way slowly forward, by touching the nearest wall with one hand and getting used to the darkness.

The bad feeling, the uneasiness he suffered from, at that meeting’s beginning was enormously enhanced as the meeting drew toward its end. Now on his own at last, he reached a serious mental crisis.

Just what could it be? He pondered desperately. What’s the matter with me? What kept bothering him. What was pestering his thoughts on and on. without a moment’s rest?

Was it the commitment I’ve just agreed to take on? What a fine mess I got myself into! One’s own fate ups and downs could be quite puzzling. Wasn’t I supposed to pass on the few bits of information I’ve haphazardly gathered, and be done with it?

‘Behiath Allah!’ (In God’s life) He kept muttering under his breath. He could not have imagined to have reached such an outcome, such a nightmare…

How could I have dodged it? I could not! Who could have guessed that meeting was going to end the way it ended? I was quite certain it was my first and last time to deal with these people, with such types who are engaged with the organization’s dirty work; and I’m supposed all of a sudden to be their one and only savior, me of all men! Does the blow the organization suffered just recently, the sequence of arrests, which almost paralyzed it temporarily had anything to do with that bad feeling; that strange feeling of oppression that clutches my heart…?  No, it has nothing to do with it. But that reason made them choose me for that certain task �" although I’m an inexperienced novice. Could it be the question of the rescue plan, which is unknown to me yet? Why did he refuse to elaborate my rescue plan that bearded devil? Is it still unsolved? If that’s true it’s much worse. I simply can’t get the hang of it…It could have been the veil of mystery, which the bearded man had stubbornly cast over the last stage of the operation, that smoke screen…

Was there any rescue plan at all? Or did my doubts arise at that very moment, after having been committed without the slightest objection?

Would I face the challenge? Would I accomplish my task without fail?

No, these couldn’t be the reasons for the bad feeling that keeps troubling me. I’m not frightened or scared. He concluded thoughtfully.

While he was still tormented with his doubts, all of a sudden in a flash, the scattered clues fitted into a clear comprehensive conclusion. As if he had come out of an obscure labyrinth straight into bright daylight.                       

‘In the name of the prophet, he muttered aloud adopting his host’s favorite exclamation, without being aware to it. How they framed him with their honey dripping tongues! Valid his cell leader who started it all, and then that bearded man �" who contradicted himself several times, he could realize it now! But out of sheer awe and obvious respect, I didn’t put his words to a test of truth or logic; on the contrary, every word that came out from that bearded devil’s mouth, I took for granted �" and he was leading me along all through the meeting, just as one leads a lamb to the abattoir! He thought embittered. I’ve committed myself blindly without a second thought, foolishly, jeopardizing my future career, my own life…! There is no way out of it now but to have it done!

© Haim Kadman 1991 �" all rights reserved.

My 16 thrillers & novels are available to borrow at Kindle Unlimited all over the world

#suspense #thriller #espionage,  The Death Sciences free to download  3-5.3.15

You can buy the political #thriller THE GLOBAL THREAT for $2.99 up to the end of March.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
Added on March 5, 2015
Last Updated on March 5, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman