The imminent threat

The imminent threat

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The #thriller THE GLOBAL THREAT can be downloaded for just $2.99 up to March 24, if the agreement won't be signed till then, the date will be extended up to June 2015. You may read its first three ch

"

The imminent threat

The Global Threat

An excerpt

The external security head's last declaration did not surprise his colleagues or the Prime Minister, it was well known and was discussed one or two times before; it was no more than a reminder, a food for thought, and a way to end the meeting with open eyes. The Prime Minister announced the meeting's formal end in a tired but decisive voice, and except the external security head the rest of the meeting's participants left their seats and were moving towards the office door.

'I'd like to have a few words in private with you sir.' The external security head asked the Prime Minister, while all his colleagues were moving towards the office door and were about to leave. A few heads of his colleagues turned around in wonder but they kept moving out and the office door was shut behind their backs with a low thud.

'You don't intend to quit before the end of your term because of sickness or some other personal reason?' The surprised and worried Prime Minister asked him.

'Not at all sir I wish to discuss a certain subject with you before discussing it in a wider forum. If this certain subject would be leaked out, it could cause a general panic…'

'What is it then?' The Prime Minister asked with growing tension, inhaling some air into his lungs and exhaling it slowly.

'It's an assumption that only my deputy and my head of operation are acquainted with; an assumption of a possible Iranian next stage, along their usual activity of threats and provocations.'

'But haven't we discussed all their possibilities just a moment ago?' The Prime Minister wondered with a note of impatience. He appreciated very much the external security head and even adored his wisdom and his foresight, but this argument seemed to him as too farfetched.

'No we haven't, there's always a possibility beyond our perceptions; but allow me sir to put it forth in more simple terms.' The external intelligence organization's head waited for the permission he asked for, he realized that expressed himself too bold in his last sentence.

'Go on Gad I'm listening.'

'The Iranian supreme leader refers to us as to the West soft belly; their way of thinking and planning isn't different from Al Kaida methods, they always choose the most easy and convenient target from their point of view. We believe that the Iranians won't increase the rate of provocations against the American Persian Gulf naval task force, nor their demonstrations against the American embassy; they might expel the American embassy staff as their first stage of worsening their diplomatic relations with the US. Their second stage might be general mobilization and grand scale maneuvers including ground to ground missiles launching to the Indian Ocean or to their own deserts, with hints of threats through a third party the Russians for instance; a threat of a regional war breakout, which may turn into a third world war. But it won't exceed hidden threats that would be increased and exposed gradually with the passing time…'

'So what could be the implications or influence of such threats on us?' The Prime Minister wondered irritated a second time.

'While the entire world will be busy and ponder how to react to the Iranians hidden threats they'll attack us with conventional war heads missiles, aimed at our nuclear center at Dimona…' 

'We took that possibility into our considerations long ago Gad, and Dimona is well protected; but you're wrong Gad they won't dare to attack Dimona, they know that an atomic disaster would destroy Temple Mount and the mosques on top of it. The Al Aqsa mosque is the third in its importance in the Muslim faith.' The Prime Minister was sure that he managed to neutralize the info sensation, which the external intelligence head was about to reveal all its details.

'Well that's the general western consensus sir that had a hold in our defense way of thinking too, and it isn't accurate and it might turn out as our fatal mistake; if we'll remember the destruction of mosques and holy sites all over our region and in Syria and Iraq in particular.'

The Prime Minister coughed several times, cleared his throat loudly but did not comment.

'We slept very little during last month's nights, I mean me, my deputy and our operation office; the three of us kept analyzing very carefully the situation. We learned that the third important mosque to the Sunnis isn't Al Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, but the Umayyad mosque in Damascus; now the Iranians are of the Shia faith, and to them Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia plus Najaf, Karbala and the Al-Askari mosque in Iraq are their important shrines, while Al Aqsa doesn't count at all to the Shia believers.'

'Okay I accept your argument about the Al Aqsa, but still it's hypothetical the most important figure in Iran is the Ayatollah Kianoush a religious person; their prime minister Rohanei is a religious person too, and supposed to be liberal despite their treacherous nature, and targeting Dimona would cause more casualties among the Bedouins, the Jordanians and Israeli Arabs than among our own citizens… Their defense minister Soleimani with his increased power and influence, would surely press for increased provocation activities against the entire American fifth fleet.'

'Their supreme leader and the assembly of experts a group of eighty eight Ayathullahs Iran's regime in fact, they aspire to spread the Shia faith all over the world, the price of human life is the last thing that interests them. We believe that the West has missed its chance to recruit Rohanei and Zarif with their background of western education, to oust the Ayathullahs and turn Iran into a democratic state. The supposedly liberals like Rohanei and Zarif have to obey now their fanatic supreme leader, and he's the one that would order to attack Dimona.'

'One more question Gad, can't we depend on our anti missiles defense systems like the Magic scepter, the Arrow and the Iron dome?'

'They may launch their missiles in bunches and there's always the one missile that would reach its target, and when the target is Dimona… No sir the only defense is a pre-emptive attack on the missiles' launching sites.'

'Thank you Gad for yours and your men indefatigable efforts. I'll summon the cabinet for a top secret meeting, to discuss the subject of your analysis.'

© Haim Kadman 2014 �" all rights reserved.

© 2015 Haim Kadman


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

912 Views
Added on March 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 11, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, espionage, treason, conspiracy

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman