The Quartet

The Quartet

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The 16 thrillers and novels by the author Haim Kadman, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Le

"

The Quartet

A pre-emptive strike

An excerpt

Just like on every Saturday morning the quartet met again at the office of the SVR's head, in the SVR headquarters at the Yasonovo district of Moscow.

The quartet's four members are Putin, Medvedev the acting prime minister, Fradkov the SVR's head, and Lavarov the foreign secretary that was asked to join the most powerful inner circle in Russia, thanks to his successful efforts in promoting the Russian state interests.

The general issue was a weekly summing up of current global and internal events, in short a top secret discussion.

They shook hands and smiled with pursued lips till the first vodka glass was emptied by each one of them, which caused the collapse of the mental partitions, and their hearts' opening towards their boss and each other.

The discussion main subject was the current successes, and how to exploit it or keep going the successful momentum at least at the same rate.

In order to get the most out of the discussion and reach the right conclusions, Lavarov the foreign minister was asked to open the discussion up with a review on his talks with the American state secretary, and express his views on the latter's capabilities and character.

'My American tall colleague can be defined. If you'll allow me to define him as such…' Lavarov opened up and waited till his comrades' wave of laughter will calm down.

'Well the American state secretary is a very tall man, almost as tall as I am…'

A second wave of laughter swept Lavarov's three comrades.

'His naïve approach helped me of course to convince him that we're speaking on the same level… To my delight neither he nor his boss whom he serves fanatically almost, haven't realized that it isn't a wave that we dealt with but a Tsunami… They're not aware yet of course to it, and they believe the agreement with the Iranians will end up in mid 2014…' That's all the foreign minister had to say at that stage, and having done his share he poured himself another glass of vodka.

'With your permission my dear comrades,' Fradkov declared hesitantly and glandered at Putin's face with a quizzical stare.

Putin nodded his head in approval, with a mute permission to Fradkov to have his say.

'I believe that we should review the last two years' events; we've managed to outsmart the Americans and make them believe in all our schemes, such as "we've no special interest in Bashar Al Assad", or in our false declarations that we're evacuating Russian citizens from Damascus, while we provided the Syrians in fact with armament that the Syrian army needed so badly. Thus these two years of the Syrian civil war have elapsed, before the Americans grasped that Bashar isn't going to collapse as they've assessed. After the Syrian civil war first year their president has declared what's his red line is, as a pretext to keep ignoring our successes. It wasn't an easy task to persuade the eye doctor that came back to Syria from London, to turn into a butcher if he wishes to survive; just like we flattened Grozny without leaving there one stone upon the other. Well it worked out excellently the eye doctor got the message, and if he'd a few difficulties at the beginning his entourage reacted excellently to our demands. Thanks to our efforts and to our Iranian mutual allies' efforts we've accomplished our successes, which should be continued at the same extent, till the west woke up from its slumber, and gathered its warships at the east Mediterranean Sea. Here I would like to ask our glorious president that thanks to his wisdom we've reached this stage, to say his word.'

Putin coughed slightly and cleared his throat several times, expecting his inferiors' attention, and then started to sum up the meeting.

'As we all know our talks with the Americans started some three months before the G20 convention in Petersburg. We've general understanding with a cooperation promise, which does not commit us of course to anything at all. But they were in an indecisive state of mind I mean their spineless president, and they swallowed every bait that we've fed them with. I can define that great super power to an elephant, which we managed to shoot with an anesthesia syringe. They did wake up recently, a group of their republican party members in particular, and we needed to put the elephant to sleep again. This was done in the G20 convention in Petersburg, in talks between me and the American president. He agreed to the compromise on Syria and Iran as one package deal, and we're already ripping the fruits in Syria. We demanded that clause 7 won't appear in the Security Council resolution. The discussion over there was stuck, and the dead end may continue up to eternity for all I care. We demanded that the UN inspectors will return to Damascus to check once again the issue of the chemical weapons; if we've managed to force the inspectors to return, we've all the odds to brainwash them, and make them believe that the rebels use chemical weapons and not the legitimate regime.' He glanced all over the faces of his three inferiors with a shade of a smile of satisfaction on his lips, and emptied his glass of vodka. 

'While attending the general assembly we've noticed how eager the Americans are to reach an agreement with Iran; they're ready to let them enrich Uranium provided that the Iranian will swear to them that they won't build the bomb… If you'll ask me I pity the Americans they're so miserable, and what's left us to do is to keep them asleep. It simply amazes me how much energy and efforts they dedicate to the Israeli Palestinian conflict, it's an issue that should if not wiped off completely from their agenda, then it should put aside meanwhile, taking into account what's happening nowadays in the Middle East.  The Palestinian are behaving like beggars, they've no intention to reach a lasting agreement. The current situation is convenient to them, they've hardly any responsibilities and the financial support, which they receive annually most of it reaches their leaders' personal bank accounts. This last subject of the Israeli Palestinian conflict isn't relevant to our interests of course; I've brought it up just as an example to the Americans' ostrich like foreign policy.'

Putin made another short pause filling his lungs with air. 'Well that's enough for today's meeting; tell me Fradkov have you prepared something to eat?'

© Haim Kadman 2014 �" all rights reserved.

You can #read my 16 thrillers & #books at:the link.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

608 Views
Added on April 16, 2015
Last Updated on April 16, 2015
Tags: suspense, thriller, terror, espionage, action

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman