The deadline

The deadline

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The 16 thrillers and novels by the author Haim Kadman, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Le

"

The deadline

An irretrievable step

An excerpt

The next two weeks passed rather quickly, that is what Seri thought when he met Dan again in his own apartment on Thursday, and learned that on Saturday morning he will have to fly to Milano Italy. He was provided with an Israeli service passport with his new identity as Jeremy Magdi, and a flight ticket with Swiss Air and five hundred dollars in cash.

'So that's it,' Seri muttered surprised. 'I didn't expect it to happen so soon.'

'Yes that's it and you'll have to bid her goodbye tomorrow, and reach the airport the day after tomorrow on your own!' 

A short tensed silence ensued as Dan paused and watched Seri's face with a puzzled stare.

'It's going to be very hard, and I'll have to let my parents know…' Seri muttered disconcerted.

'Call your parents, and tell them in a few words that they'll hear from you soon, by letters not a word on your destination or how you'll communicate with them; just as you did inform them before every test you'd last year.'

'Am I supposed to communicate with them through regular mail?'

'Of course not your operator will take care of it, but let's not waste our time on what you'll learn to know at the right time and very soon. Okay end up your arrangements right after I'll leave you. You'll be free on Friday to part with her.' Dan remarked dryly, but went on briefing Seri.

'Are you with me Jeremy, are you able to listen or…'

'I'm okay Dan, alright I'm listening.' Seri hastened to reply, releasing himself from the stupor that engulfed him momentarily.

'Well then, you'll land at Malpensa airport at about three pm Milan time, you'll hail a cab to this address; it's a rented apartment that was already ordered for you. Its address is 31 Via Pergolesi near the railway main station. I've printed it down for you and here it is, take it.' As he perceived Seri's quizzical look, Dan hastened to add. 'You may keep it of course as long as you'll need to adapt yourself to your surroundings there. The site is called Milan apartment rental. It's much cheaper compared to the cheapest hotels over there, and you won't have to deposit your passport at its reception counter.'

'I'll have to carry it on me then?'

'That's right Jeremy, within half an hour after I'll leave you, a messenger will bring you a full suit and a jacket and pants your size; the jackets left side inner pockets are equipped with zippers. There're many pickpockets in Milano and all over Italy.

'I'll keep my money in these pockets too…' Seri said with a wry smile.

'So everything is clear to you then, no questions?

'Oh it's alright what else do I've to know?'

'You'll have a meeting at the El Buscia restaurant at ten pm local time. It's easy to remember that name, it sounds like busha (shame) in Hebrew. You'll get there with a cab, there's no need to check surveillance at this stage, capish?'

'What's the restaurant's address?'

'It's irrelevant as you'll get there with a cab, but just for a general knowledge the address is 48 Viale Beatrice D'este the famous duchess of Milan, which was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci. You're supposed to be an art student.' Dan added with a smile.

© Haim Kadman 2012 �" all rights reserved.

A customer review

5.0 out of 5 stars.  In my opinion “An Irretrievable Step” is a refreshing and authentic perspective of an officer’s (and later spy’s) life. An enjoyable story written in a comfortable and easy-flowing style.

https://www.createspace.com/5423059

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

651 Views
Added on April 27, 2015
Last Updated on April 27, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman