Florence treasures

Florence treasures

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The 16 thrillers and novels by the author Haim Kadman, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Le

"

Florence treasures

"An irretrievable step"

An excerpt

Thus the summer passed while Ray learned to know Florence and its treasures like knowing the palm of his hand; he visited the Duomo every Sunday and studied well and learned a new vocation, and enjoyed a rich platonic relationship with these three females; but he felt like being a monk while sitting like a living statue with Bianca and her two followers, and there were times when he was frustrated and home sick despite Bianca's beautiful features, her smile, her sweet voice and her enchanting sound of laughter.

He talked about it with Joe in their second meeting during his first month there; he brought it up indirectly of course.

'Oh I'm doing rather well,' he answered when Joe wanted to know how things are. 'But I feel like a bloody monk…'

'If you had to change identity after this stage you would have been expected to behave like a monk, or pay a visit to a brothel once in a while…' Joe muttered as if he was thinking aloud. 'Well that's Italy and they're much more pious in the periphery, and Florence is peripheral town. But in two more months you'll return to Rome, so be patient and hang on.'

He met Joe twice a month and in comparison to the short meetings he had with his previous operators in Milan and Rome, here each meeting lasted several hours of a meal and a visit in one of the few night clubs in this town. It wasn't an easy life after all, and the longer he stayed abroad the harder it became.

 Haim Kadman 2013 �" all rights reserved.

 

5.0 out of 5 stars.  In my opinion “An Irretrievable Step” is a refreshing and authentic perspective of an officer’s (and later spy’s) life. An enjoyable story written in a comfortable and easy-flowing style.

https://www.createspace.com/5423059

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

817 Views
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman