The new boss

The new boss

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

'An Irretrievable Step' is my fifth thriller and my tenth ebook with Amazon Kindle; and in a paperback version with Create Sapce.

"

The new boss

"An Irretrievable Step"

An excerpt

'We're going to meet our organization new head and I'll introduce you to him, so don't update me; he wants to know what's going on and I'll listen to your report.' Dov said and rose to his feet. 'Let's go.'

'Shraga this is Joe he's just returned from Europe, and met our couple.'

'I'm glad to know you Joe and do sit down both of you.' Shraga ordered them and waited till they sat down opposite him on the other side of his desk.

'Okay I've heard all there was to hear about that peculiar couple, about their marriage and the fact she serves us with open eyes. I'll refer to him first of all…' The organization's new head declared and made a short pause. 'Well he had two long years of training in which he has excelled I'm told, and two years abroad the first one to acquire a language and establish his cover, but what has he brought us after his fourth year of service…?'

'Well it takes time Shraga.' Joe reminded the organization new head that success is not reached without patience.

'Yes and it took a huge amount of money too.'

'I can't deny it of course.' Joe admitted. 'But I believe that our investment is justified, we'll get the profits that we expect to have… You must take into account the fact that they serve the enemy…'

'So what, will the Egyptians send them over here to spy on us, is that what you want to say?'

'I'm not a prophet Shraga, and I can't predict how this project is going to develop. After all he was supposed to open a business in Alexandria and things changed drastically and he was recruited by their current Western Europe head agent. We can't underestimate such an incredible development. They trust him and I suggest that we'll wait and see how they'll decide to use them.'

'What about her, she's a catholic and she knows who he really is! What a degree of loyalty can she have towards us? Love is fickle she may fall in love with some Egyptian, they could trap them or test them in such a way.'

'I agree Shraga this kind of life that they're leading is hazardous, but any secret agent's life is hazardous just as well; on the other hand I believe in the bond that exists between the two of them, but If you still have doubts call it off, and cancel his contract.' Joe added with a hint of anger.

'I'm giving him one more year, and if they'll keep using them for their absurd ends, I'll call it off and it will be the end of your career too Joe.

© Haim Kadman 2013 " all rights reserved.

 

5.0 out of 5 stars.  In my opinion “An Irretrievable Step” is a refreshing and authentic perspective of an officer’s (and later spy’s) life. An enjoyable story written in a comfortable and easy-flowing style.

https://www.createspace.com/5423059

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

989 Views
Added on May 7, 2015
Last Updated on May 7, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman