TRCJ introduction part two

TRCJ introduction part two

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

My second introductory #blog of the #thriller The Remote Control Job.

"

An introduction to TRCJ

PART TWO

The protagonist's brainwash procedure includes various techniques here is just a significant one: He passes  a short stay with his idol to which he's already enslaved, and long seclusion periods, in which he fears he'll never see her again.

Below are additional short excerpts relating his thoughts, hopes and fears; plus his idol's first conclusions and mistrust in her subject matter capabilities:

 

"As he just calmed down gradually, his usual recent doubts haunted him a second time. Are we able to escape at all with what means, by what ways? What chances have we got?

To sneak out of the villa with Nicole's aid, seems quite feasible. But to cross that vast and dense jungle, which must be infested with fetid swamps and suspicious villagers; who would hunt us down, No, it’s impossible...no way, it can't be done! It took us almost three weeks to reach the villa, when I was first brought up north, riding on the back of that truck. How long would it take the two of us, to cross on foot all the way back to the south? Three long months at least, if we would not get lost, or get sick or hell knows what? What about food, medicine and shelter? No, that can't be her plan. She didn't mention the word escape in the first place, what exactly did she say then?"

 

"‘Hello there comrade,’ she greeted him cheerfully, smiling ever so sweetly at him, right as the door slammed behind her back.

‘Well you do look much nicer now I dare say, with your hair and beard trimmed at last, much nicer indeed.’ She laughed again, and crossed the short space between them. Reaching him she stopped right in front of his stupefied eyes, while he was still sitting; and laughing on teasingly she sent her right hand and stroked lightly his hair.

‘Haven't you missed me you poor thing?’ She asked amused with that sweet and melodious voice of hers.

She still doubted Nick's capabilities, the mental aspect of his character in particular, although the optimistic assumption of the head commissar. She had her own experience to rely upon.

If the American is prone for a nervous breakdown, it'd rather happen right now before he would be assigned to some future hazardous mission".

 

"He sat watching her in wonder, confused and quite undecided.

Well, in a second thought I shouldn’t expect her to fall all over me. She told me last time in the yard, that she had to play it cool, but she did it with such ease... What's more, she seemed to enjoy it so much, that’s what doesn’t fit in at all. She is scolding me over and over again, as if I’m some good for nothing punk"

 

"‘You don't know how lucky you are...’ She said suddenly in an angry and irritated voice. Walking on, crossing the empty yard. ‘…How safe you're where you're being kept... That beloved country of yours, the bastion of freedom has threatened to escalate the war, by sending heavy bombers to bomb our Capital. It wasn't declared openly yet, but it did leak out and that's what I have been told. That's what we've got to expect very soon, yes, in just a few days from now.’"

 

"‘What a pity! I seem to be so busy lately but things are going to improve real fast, I can promise you that. By the way, do you still remember that letter of yours? I have almost forgotten it; I mean the letter you were so anxious to send to your parents, do you still remember it? Well that letter is on its way. It was forwarded through the Swedish consulate, ten days ago.’ This rather vital piece of information she added off hand, while watching his puzzled face with an amused smile.

The letter was for Nick the last straw, which almost broke his back. How could he forget it? He was simply shocked. She did not exaggerate he did follow her in the yard like a beaten dog with its tail between its hinder legs."

 

"As they were approaching the far wall, she stopped abruptly and facing Nick, she looked at him with the same amused smile of hers.

He coughed and lowered his eyes to the ground, confused and undecided he muttered: ‘You said there were some possibilities, last time...’ He stopped, not able to end the sentence, not able to understand why he felt compelled to remind it to her. Was it her mocking smile? Or is it that extreme change of attitude towards me that challenged me to do it. Or is it the fear that she might have changed her mind! As simple as all that.

‘I'm still looking for an opening comrade. Although it isn't quite the right time for it; and I don't have to tell you how delicate such a matter must be, and how complicated the whole situation is.’ Glancing at her watch she added: ‘Now then, about that piece of work of yours. Well the... What was it? Oh yes, the analysis. I want you to pass it over once more, it needs some amendments I'm afraid; and that's what I expect you to do, to correct it. So you're free to go now. Well go on! Don't stand ogling me with that dumb look of yours!’"

 

© Haim Kadman May 2015 �" all rights reserved.

This thriller can be downloaded as an ebook and as paperback too.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

752 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 19, 2015
Last Updated on May 19, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman