TRCJ blog III

TRCJ blog III

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

My third introductory blog to the thriller "The Remote Control Job" relates the protagonist "NAM" saga.

"

TRCJ blog III

My third introductory blog to the thriller "The Remote Control Job" relates the protagonist "NAM" saga. I've posted till now about two dozen excerpts of this thriller in several sites as writers café, facebook, twitter, touchtalent, wattpad and in scribd and gather.com too. There're two more very convenient possibilities to read and get impressed (positively or negatively) of this thriller, is reading free its first three chapters on my Amazon.com page, or by downloading Blended Lit. Flashes (available free up till the 22nd of May 2015), in which the reader will find two long excerpts of the TRCJ, of about 6000 words each.

This blog covers the protagonist's miraculous escape.

Below are the few glimpses, which represent this thriller's uniqueness:

 

"'Get me the special line I've got a call to make.' The head commissar ordered him, before the jail commander had the chance, to rest his tired and weary limbs on some unoccupied chair.

'What’s the number?' The jail commander asked eagerly, soaring above his frustration with surprising enthusiasm.

'Just hand over the phone,' the head commissar answered him rather dryly.

'Shall I leave you alone for a while, comrade commissar?' The jail commander asked again with a note of slight sarcasm, while he was rising to his feet, and pushing his chair back, in almost an ironic show of obedience.

'Do sit down comrade Ngoyen I haven't any secrets to hide...' While these words were on his lips, he had the receiver ready, close to his ear and dialed the set of numbers he had to.

'Comrade Lee Chen Woe, I'm expecting you... That's right... I'm already there myself.' He added and hung up."

 

"‘I'm terribly sorry...’ He said at last. ‘I was never good in expressing myself, but I'm deeply shocked and ashamed...’

‘Ashamed?’ Nicole quoted him knitting her brows.

‘I'm ashamed of being an American.’ He managed to mutter at last.

‘Oh I see...’ She remarked mockingly. ‘But that won't stop your fellow countrymen, the aggressors from bombing us, or occupy half our country or continue with their atrocities against our civilians!’

‘But why blame me?’ He raised his voice angrily. ‘I hate that lousy war I didn't want to take part in it!’

‘But you had to, against your own free will.’ Nicole suggested rather calmly.

‘That's right I had to, I was compelled to enlist.’

‘If for instance you had within yourself the power and means to stop that war, you would have stopped it, wouldn’t you?’

‘Sure I would, but that's nonsense and you know it, why ask it then?’ He challenged her boldly.

‘There are enough wise men on both sides of the Pacific, who're able with mutual efforts, to put an end to this brutal war; all we have to do is give them the little help we can."

 

"‘Well then, at the moment that you'll hear the alarm sirens sound, you'll run to my office as fast as you can, before the guards will swarm all the corridors, on their way to the cellar to take shelter there. You'll stay at my office ready to leave it, and wait for the first explosions. With the falling of the first bombs, you'll sneak out through the main open gate...’

She made a short pause and smiled sweetly at Nick, for the guards’ sake, or for anyone who might have been watching them stealthily during that time.

‘There're two crucial points to remember. The first one is to reach my office fast and safe, while the second one is to leave it straight after the first bomb explodes, and without the slightest hesitation! The next stage starts as you leave the villa and hit the road. You'll cross the road and cut into the jungle's fringe and its shadows; you'll proceed south parallel to the road about a mile and a half till you'll fall on a path leading eastwards to the jungle's depth. There is a small stream running along that path, you can't miss it; and you won't have to cross that stream, because it runs beyond the path. Hitting the path you'll follow it till you’ll reach an old and deserted shack, in the middle of a small clearing. It shouldn't take you more than twenty minutes to reach it and I'll be there waiting for you, with whatever we’ll need...’"

 

"The jungle! Just the thought of those dense everlasting stretches of forest, made him shudder with abhorrence. There were moments of frightful doubts, when he mistrusted Nicole completely.

What plans could she have envisaged and prepared? If her plans were based on trudging through the jungle, I'd rather stay where I’m! I'd better wait for some kind of a P.O.W exchange, by the Red Cross, or by any other organization if there is one, be it a coincidence, a miracle that would come my way; but not to trudge through the jungle again! They can't hold me forever! They'll have to let me go, release me one of those days. If Nicole does really care for me, she'll have to seek a political asylum in such a case, or whatever term one uses for such an act. There're more than enough embassies and consulates in Hanoi no doubt, where one may ask for a political asylum. Yes I'd rather wait for my official release, two or three years if I’ll need to " instead of being chased like a hunted wild animal in that loathsome jungle. Who but Nicole would know of a coming opportunity, of an exchange, or any other chance to get away; and when that chance comes I'll refuse repatriation, and I won’t leave unless Nicole joins me. Brave romantic dreams indeed, but doesn't she expect me tomorrow, in some deserted shack in the jungle? Couldn't she listen to me just once? Why did she treat my ideas, my suggestions with such underestimation even mockery? It’s not a bad idea after all, to snatch the armored car right under their noses, and escape with it. Who would be able to stop us, once we’ll get started? They haven't got an air force, to chase us from above; over take and seize us at the end. Just some “Jerry-cans” of fuel and enough provisions, and we could have dashed down to any of our southern strongholds; or up to Saigon if we wished to, and be there in a week or so. Anyhow it’s the best mean to cross the battle zone safely.

Has she got a better plan? No, I don't believe she has, unless she isn't the kind of person I believes her to be. Could she be mixed in some intrigues, which I don't know of? Who is she then?

He suddenly set on probing his mind on a question that has never bothered him before. Does she have any ties with the South? With those “hush-hush” guys, is it the army intelligence or the mighty C.I.A? Would she work a miracle tomorrow and land a chopper in some hidden clearing, to evacuate us right in the middle of an air raid?"  

 

"The sky cleared up and the first rays of the rising sun fleeted towards them, chasing the morning mists away, caressing tenderly their faces. They were not fifty yards out in the open field...

WHEN A CHOPPER CAME FLYING LOW LIKE A HUGE MONSTROUS INSECT!

Straight into their faces it flew, and another one followed, up to the left. The V.C.'s panicked shouting excitedly on both his sides; they leaped back and started to run, as fast as they could towards the jungle's shelter. With his eyes still fixed on the approaching chopper, Nick stumbled and fell forward hitting the ground. Half way down before his hands actually touched the grass, he heard the shots two long bursts of an automatic rifle, just from behind him."

© Haim Kadman May 2015 " all rights reserved.

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You seem to write nothing but ads for other sites. I'm not going to bother checking out anything else of yours. Sorry, I just hate ads.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Haim Kadman

8 Years Ago

Well don't read it then, it's alright I'm sure you aren't the only that doesn't like my writing. It'.. read more
This comment has been deleted by this stories author.
Very readable and exciting, though it's difficult to judge the story from such a short piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haim Kadman

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words Archos!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

862 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2015
Last Updated on May 21, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman