Chinatown I

Chinatown I

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller/novelette SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI.

"

Chinatown I

"Sic Transit Gloris Mundi"

An excerpt

I was right and he lied to me, he doesn’t expect anyone; but I'm hungry and I'll better fall on the right joint to satiate my hunger. Scot thought while walking on the broad pavement towards MCI center and 7th Street to a Chinatown restaurant; to make sure he won't encounter again one of his old agency buddies, meeting Thurston was a bad enough affair.

As soon as raised his eyes from the menu he saw Thurston crossing the restaurant's entrance and moving towards his table. His ex boss pulled a chair back and sat down opposite him.

'I followed you down here Scot to apologize for my rude behavior, but you didn't check surveillance.' Thurston added with a sly smile, doing his best to appease his ex subordinate.

'Thanks sir it's very kind of you, would you have lunch with me please?'

'Sure Scot and I want to hear every bit of what really happened there, but not in this place.' He added and looked at the approaching waiter.

'We'll eat first and I'll see to it afterwards.'

He knows very well that Morgan has framed him up, but is he going to fight back? Well it wouldn't be easy at all, even if a high shot like him will try to regain his post. Scot thought with mixed feelings. After all even if Thurston will win his case it won't mean anything to me, I've had enough and I won't return to Langley even if they'll promote and double my pay. 

They ordered and had another shot of Bourbon, and sat on in complete silence all along the meal.

Thurston insisted stubbornly to pay, summoned the waiter, checked the bill, paid, left a generous tip and they went out side by side.

It was the first ever time in Scot ex career that he was on such  close terms with his department's head, he thought amused remembering how Thurston treated him as the department's great hope.

They hailed a cab and drove to Hampton Inn and went up to Thurston's suite. Thurston put a tape recorder on the living room's table and brought two beers from the refrigerator.

It was the first time that Scot was to be interrogated by a department head; usually it was done by FBI experts, which were recruited by the agency. While his ex boss was moving between the small table and the refrigerator in the suite's broad living room, Scot recalled his interview with the agency's head twenty four hours before he flew to Moscow. He left the agency head's office with Heather, and as they took the elevator to descend to the building's entrance; Heather turned to him with a pale and scared face and said: "Keep your eyes open Scot and be careful."

It made him smile, and it was a show off smile, of what a daredevil he is. It did not take him long just a couple of weeks later there in Moscow, to realize how right she was.

© Haim Kadman June 2015 �" all rights reserved.

The 16 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.cc and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
Added on June 12, 2015
Last Updated on June 12, 2015
Tags: suspense, threats, terror, espionage, conspiracy

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman