The conclusion

The conclusion

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the novelette SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI.

"

The conclusion

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

An excerpt

I always adored his courage and honesty, Scot thought stirred and thankful.

He proved to me once again how honest and courageous he's, by admitting to me that Morgan deceived him.

'So he called you again and you met him at your hotel lobby during your third week there, and when was it exactly?'

'It was on Wednesday at about eight pm, I went down to meet him. He was sitting next to a table very close to the hotel's reception counter to my amazement. I invited him to have dinner with me but he refused, he agreed to have a cup of coffee. He told me to look all around us, and see if anyone is watching us. Just one of the reception clerks watched us intently, and I guess he was reading our lips; or our vicinity to the reception counter allowed them to operate some listening device… But I didn't tell him my thoughts, because I didn't trust him anymore, I couldn't…'

'You said he planned a mutual surveillance check course with you, didn't you? Well what did he suggest?'

Scot moved his head from side to side expressing how amazed he is still, as he recalled Jeff's bizarre behavior.

'He pulled out a map of Moscow from his jacket pocket, and spread it on the table, and then he said that he'll sit next to the window pane in The Corner Burger at ten am next morning, and he'll watch me coming and see if I'm followed as I claim. A few yards from where Jeff was sitting on the next day a team of five were behind me, and one of them brushed against me and laughed in my face. He blocked my way for a few seconds, and he wasn't drunk. When I joined Jeff he said that according to what he saw I wasn't followed…'

'You didn't argue with him then?'

'I didn't want to argue with him and cause some kind of a brawl, and he is my senior. So I kept my mouth shut, and he changed the subject right away; and he asked me how I'm enjoying my stay in Moscow, where have I already been and seen…'

'You haven't seen him after that meeting you say and he called you and ordered you to leave at the end of your fourth week there. Why didn't he order you to leave right away in your opinion?' Thurston asked him just for the record, he knew very well why, and what would Scot answer him.

'He hoped that I'll crack up I guess.'

Thurston switched off the tape recorder, 'that's what I believe too Scot.' He added thoughtfully. 'But let's go down and have dinner before we part, we'd a long day.'

© Haim Kadman June 2015 �" all rights reserved.

The 16 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.cc and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

 

 

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
Added on June 21, 2015
Last Updated on June 21, 2015
Tags: suspense, threats, terror, espionage, conspiracy

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman