An eventful night

An eventful night

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

The cover of my future 18th book, plus an excerpt; its protagonist Munir Baraka a political party leaeder is being extorted by an unknown service or individuals? But he must obey and dance to the soun

"

An eventful night

The puppet

An excerpt

On Friday night he usually sat with his wife and his two daughters in the living room and watched Channel one "Friday studio news broadcast" in Hebrew a few minutes, and zapped to Arab TV channels. But on that Friday night he roamed in the corridor all alone with his Smartphone near his ear, and said aloud enough: "yes I understand how urgent it is, don’t worry I'll be there on time".

He returned to the living room and informed his wife and his two daughters that he has to leave their company.

His wife wondered what could it be, and he explained to her his prepared alibi, and warned her and his daughters that his meeting is top secret.

His docile wife and daughters were shocked of course, and thus his warning kept them in their seats, and they did not venture to escort him out to his car. His chauffeur was off duty during the weekend, and thus no one was there to witness his ride to Jerusalem.

The ride to Jerusalem passed rather fast as Baraka was buried in his thoughts or rather his doubts, and was driving at an average speed of 130 kilometers per hour. At five minutes to nine pm he parked his car at the hotel's small parking lot, and went to the lobby while checking the surroundings with suspicion. When he entered the hotel's small lobby he was surprised to notice a familiar face.

It's Linah, he almost called her name aloud, and went straight to the farthest table from the reception counter where she was sitting with a broad smile on her pretty face.

As he reached her table confused and excited, she stood up and while extending her right hand she said softly to him:

'We must be very careful, she warned him in a whisper as she shook his hand. 'Have you come alone in your car?'

Baraka nodded his head, he was not able to utter a single syllable; he did not expect to meet her, and now he could not stop hopping of spending the night with her; no matter what will happen at the end, and what will the dear price he will have to pay for it.

'Let's go to your car then.' She ordered softly and led the way out.

At the hotel's parking lot near his car, she let him hug her and kiss her lips once.

'That's enough Munir,' she muttered, and waited till he unlocked the car and opened its front door for her. He waited till she sat inside and closed her door as gently as he could, and went around the car's front to his own seat.

She guided him to a one story small house at the corner of E-Zahare Street with Al Yaouba Street, there she told him to park his car and opening the house front door she led the confuesed Baraka inside the house. 

As they crossed the threshold and she shut the door behind, Baraka sent forth his arms to embrace her, she retreated nimble from him, and went on towards a lighted living room.

A lone middle aged man sat on one of the arm chairs around a circular medium size table, and watched them with a stern gaze in his eyes. Linah sat down beside him and showed Baraka with a movement of her hand, where he is expected to sit. The man Baraka was facing was not Jewish or did not seem like one, he looked like some PLO member of a low rank; someone Baraka never met before, but he must be an Arab without the slightest doubt. Baraka concluded encouraged.

May be he's a CIA agent and has nothing to do with the Mossad. He kept thinking encouraging himself excitedly.

'You must be thirsty after your ride from Nazareth.' The stranger said in Arabic in a strange pronunciation, which Baraka identified as typical to the United Emirates.

Linah poured him a glass of soft drink from one the two bottles, which were on the table.

'I'll meet you again at the beginning of next year.' The stranger said without introducing himself.

'Meanwhile you'll be instructed by Linah's massages on your various tasks. We've taken into account your elated position and your political commitments, thus your tasks won't hamper your daily life and your political career. You may return to Nazareth now, with Allah's blessings. '

© Haim Kadman July 2015 " all rights reserved. 

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
Added on July 13, 2015
Last Updated on July 13, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman