Solving the riddle

Solving the riddle

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A short excerpt of my 18th thriller, to be published soon.

"

Solving the riddle

The Puppet

An excerpt

Adah Hadad landed in Ben Gurion International airport at four am, with her three foreign passports hidden deep in the double bottom of her handbag.

She landed at Heathrow International as Fatima Amun, took a cab to London, and returned with another cab to Heathrow to board an El Al flight to Israel with her Israeli passport. She did not have the means and the time to update the organization's center on her hasty escape, and thus no one waited for her as she came out of the plane after landing. She left her suitcase in her Abu Dhabi hotel room with just a few garments, and thus she could escape without arousing suspicion. As she came out of the Tel Aviv airport terminal she had to queue like many other passengers that came with her or with some other planes, till her turn came and she boarded a cab.

'You said Tel Aviv but where to, what address,' the driver asked her, as soon as they left the airport terminal station.

'Do you know where I can find a twenty four hours open joint?'

'Yes there're four such joints but I recommend the Brasserie in Ibn Gvirol Street.'

'Okay that's our destination.'

'What's the matter girlie you haven't got where to put your head…?'

'Shut up just take me there, I've got a loaded gun in my handbag.' She lied to him, to be on the safe side.' She was not tired at all; she slept well on both her flights from Abu Dhabi with the Royal Jordanian, and after a short break with El Al from London.

She had a light breakfast in the Brasserie, read the morning papers up to eight am, when she called center.

'Good morning can I help you?' A young female's voice answered her call.

'I'd like to see Rubi.''

'Who wants to see him?'

'Avishag,' Adah muttered in a low voice, after making sure that no unexpected customer or a waiter got near her table.

'He'll see you at nine thirty am.' The young female answered her and hung up.

At ten minutes to nine am Adah paid the waiter and asked him to call a cab.

She reached center's premises at nine twenty and crossed the compound's gate with a weary heart; she was not expecting a joyous welcome. As she was nearing the low and wide building façade, she noticed Rubi's tall and lean figure standing in front of his office at the building left corner.

'Hi, come in,' he said when she was still a few yards away, and entered the office leaving its door open.

She entered and closed the door behind her, while he was already sitting behind his desk.

She took a deep breath of air and sat down opposite her boss, exhaling slowly the air caught in her lungs.

'So what went wrong?' He asked her with a stern look in his eyes.

'I don’t know what exactly went wrong Rubi, I was lucky to leave at the right moment…'

'So you do know a few things don't you?'

'I've landed in Abu Dhabi a week before Baraka, and yes I did attract attention but I'm used to it, and I didn't think it's their security agents; as it wasn't regular but just the usual male attention. A week later after I've met Baraka at his hotel's lobby; on my way out I asked one of the reception's clerks to call a cab. He followed me outside a second later; it didn't surprise me he expected to be tipped for his little service. To my utter surprise he asked politely if I'm doing business with the man I've just met. I nodded my head and he warned me that the man I've met is a suspected person. I didn't ask him anything more that could have had association with surveillance of course; I just made my best to convince him how shocked I'm, and handed him a hundred dollar bill. I didn't leave right away I didn't return to my hotel up to nightfall, I left my suitcase at my hotel room, and I took a cab to the airport.'

'It's a source that the Emirates have in East Jerusalem, someone that had watched and listened to your meeting with Baraka at the Addar hotel lobby. He didn't suspect you for he must have recognized Baraka as a well known party leader that he is, but he surely identified Fred's pronnouciation as of an Emirate's born and bred Bedouin, and he wondered if they've sent an agent of theirs to Jerusalem and that's how it all started.' He made a short pause and watched her face with a shade of a smile. 'It's just an assumption of course, but that must be the solution to our riddle. You'd better have some rest up to next week till we'll have more details and we'll call you, meanwhile it's time you should rejoin your family after your long stay in London.

Haim Kadman July 2015 " all rights reserved.

 

The 17 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.cc and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
Added on July 19, 2015
Last Updated on July 19, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman