A temporary solution

A temporary solution

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

You can borrow my 17 #thrillers & #books at KU KOLL library:..

"

A temporary solution

"The Puppet"

An excerpt

'I'm afraid it's a lost cause Rubi.' She said without any preliminary greetings, as soon as she sat beside him.

He released the brakes pedal and set out without a word. It took him a few long seconds to react.

'Has he answered your message?'

'Yes he did and he rejected the instruction to organize a visit of his party members. He says that he was assigned as he crown prince special aide.'

'That's great news Avishag,' her boss declared sneaking a look at her with a smiling face.

'I don't believe he'll risk his new rather elated job, and I can't visit him there or meet him in Europe…  He's in fact their prisoner, and his family members are their hostages… So how does the department expect to carry on, wouldn't it be a waste of money and time?'

'Alright I've got your point Avishag, I'll tell you what we'll have lunch at the junction and return together to center, to discuss with Giora and see what he thinks; or he may discuss it in an urgent and special session, there're two or three bright department heads to whom he usually listens; we'll analyze the situation and decide whether to give it another try, or to cancel the project and assign you to a completely different job.

He switched on his mobile and asked a special audience with the organization's head.

'Where exactly are you right now?' The organization's head secretary asked him.

'We're near Kiriat Malachi junction.'

'Giora will see you at three pm sharp.' The secretary said and waited to Rubi's answer.

'Fine we'll be there on time and thanks.' Rubi answered and switched off.

'We'll have a quick lunch and drive on, and I hope Avishag that the problem will be solved.'

'You believe then that Giora will order us to keep on trying?'

'That's my own opinion Avishag, and that's what I'll tell Giora; what he would decide as far as I know him, he doesn't like to cancel projects, but we'll have to meet him and hear what he thinks about it.'

After a light lunch they made their way northwards towards Tel Aviv, and in about one hour twenty they reached the center's compound on the northern outskirts of the city.

At five minutes to three pm they were already ushered into Giora's office by his secretary, and sat there waiting for the big boss.

Giora entered at five minutes past three and Avishag that saw the big boss at that short distance for the first time was amazed how unimpressive his appearance was. He is no more than five six tall with a heavy set body, which made him look older than his real age.

'Sit down he told them and went over to his chair and sat facing them on the other side of his broad desk.

'Well what's your problem?' He asked them briskly, he had some urgent matters to solve and wished to be done with it as quickly as possible.

Rubi described him the problem in detail in just a few sentences. It was very clear to Avishag that Giora was well updated all along her project.

'Did he reply her through the new address?'

'Yes Giora and Avishag believes that he carried out her instruction to delete all their old communication in the previous address.

'Well we'll have to make him sweat for a while, and wait to see if he'll send her messages wishing to hear from her. If he won't we'll cancel the project; and think of some other ways to get in touch with him. On the other hand according to your reports Avishag, and to what Rubi told me I think you'll hear from him after a few days of indecision on his part. If that will be the case you'll have to fly to England and settle somewhere in the south, and continue your communication with him from there. Thus if they'll fall on his old mobile and try to trace your Smartphone, it might save him and you'll be able to keep your hold on him. Okay you may leave now I've got one more urgent meeting to deal with.'

'What am I supposed to do now until we'll hear from him or we won't…?' Avishag asked her boss on their way to his office.

'You'll serve as my secretary's special aide just like Baraka serves the Abu Dhabi crown prince.' He answered her laughing. 'And see to rent a sublet for about ten days in Tel Aviv, that's an order.'

© Haim Kadman July 2015 �" all rights reserved.

The 17 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.cc and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
Added on July 26, 2015
Last Updated on July 26, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman