Identity conflict

Identity conflict

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the novelette The Puppet, within the thriller Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

"

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

The Puppet

Identity conflict

An excerpt

During his training and particularly now when he was about to graduate and become an active agent ready to be sent abroad, Yuri Reasonov was depressed and deeply disillusioned with his future "promising career." He was in his room in "The Farm" in camp Peary, reading his instructions for his next test project. He was supposed to pass a couple of weeks in Niagara Falls in the state of New York, as a Russian tourist.

It could be fun of course, spending two weeks in a three star hotel in Niagara Falls New York, and enjoy all the sights, the various entertainment facilities associated with the world's famous falls, which he has not seen yet.

But the thoughts of what expects him after he will graduate troubled him incessantly. He knew without the slightest doubt that he will be sent as an agent to Russia, which was his home land before he migrated as a child with his parents to the US. He won't fly to Moscow or Saint Petersburg, he will be smuggled in somewhere in Siberia in the north; or near the Turkish border in the south, and he had no idea where his Russian saga will start. He might be sent to China, where he will have to cross the border into eastern Russia?

Yes that must be it, he concluded with quite an amount of certainty. They won't dare to fly me in with all today's sophisticated radar systems, so I'll be smuggled through the border of China or some other neighboring Asian country. But I'd better not wreck my head on it now, I'm flying tomorrow to Niagara Falls to what might be my last test, and I'll a leave of a month or six weeks after graduation… I'd have a few hours of sleep, I'll need to be in my best form and have a clear mind tomorrow and during the next couple of week. He reminded himself and put aside his test project instructions file.

© Haim Kadman July 2015 " all rights reserved.

The 17 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.cc and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
Added on July 28, 2015
Last Updated on July 28, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman