The revealation

The revealation

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 18th thriller The Puppet.

"

The revealation

The Puppet

An excerpt

On Sunday evening at the end of his day of work, while he was driven back home, the limo changed direction to Baraka's utter surprise.

'Where do you think that you're driving ya Zalame (man)?' Baraka asked the chauffeur with a raised and angry voice.

'I was ordered to bring you to the police general headquarters sir.'   

Baraka was stunned he sat sprawled backwards on the rear seat, as if he was going to faint. It downed on him suddenly why he was invited to spend the weekend at the general's villa. He suddenly knew very well what took place when he, his wife their daughters were at the villa in Maryah Island.

Two plain clothes men were expecting in front of the police headquarters entrance, and as he got off they led him inside.

'Sit down please Dr. Baraka.' The general said to his scared visitor.

'Do you recognize this mobile?' The general asked and handed Baraka his old mobile.

Baraka took it nodding his head; he was unable to speak in his panic and despair and gathered all his mental strength to overcome his fears. Except the two of them there's no other person in the office. Baraka kept encouraging himself, while trying desperately to estimate his odds to survive; and end up this eerie meeting safely, and drive back home to Rafa and his daughters.

'You do realize Dr. Baraka that we've enough evidence to charge you with treason, and I don't have to add what end awaits you.'

Baraka nodded his head again, bowed it while holding his old mobile with both his hands on the desk before him.

The short silence that ensued tortured him terribly; he had a terrible urge to know right away how this ghastly scene is going to end up.

'You sent her a message two days after you swore an oath of allegiance to us.' The general declared dramatically and made another short pause, to heighten the dramatic atmosphere.

'We learned that it wasn't just your infatuation to that young woman and her incredible physical advantages, but there's  another major factor behind your subversive activity… You're being extorted by her, and your honor and your reputation are under an imminent threat. It's a pity you haven't told us every detail of your meeting with that woman, when you were interrogated for the first time… We don't need these details now, but you'll have from now on to act according to our orders and instructions.'

Baraka nodded his bowed head once again; he didn't dare to look straight at general's eyes.

'Open your mouth and answer me!' The general shouted at him.

'Yes Your Excellency I'll obey strictly your orders.' Baraka muttered hardly audible, but it reached the general's ears very clearly.

'You'll send her a message right now, switch on that mobile and that's your message's content.' The general ordered and went dictating to Baraka what he wants him to keyboard.

As the message the general wished Baraka to send was quite spontaneous, he formed several samples in his mind, while Baraka switched on the mobile and opened up his mail box.

I shouldn't mention a meeting abroad or here and anywhere in the Emirates, it will give up that fact that we've exposed him. It must be a very vague question, that will express his crave to see her again. The general decided and wrote it down on a sheet of paper before reading it aloud.

"Dearest Lenah I miss you terribly please answer me. Your Bulus."

© Haim Kadman August 2015 " all rights reserved.

 

The 17 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.cc and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a great story,looks like the making of a book

Posted 8 Years Ago


Haim Kadman

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Wordman, it's an excerpt of one of the thriller's chapters. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
 wordman

8 Years Ago

sounds like a great one
Haim Kadman

8 Years Ago

Thanks wordman I hope you're right.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 2, 2015
Last Updated on August 2, 2015
Tags: love, adventure, espionage, action, intelligence, suspense

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman