A friendly chat

A friendly chat

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller "The Puppet", to be published soon.

"

A friendly chat

The Puppet

An excerpt

At the end of the meal they had coffee on the broad veranda, enjoying the night breeze. The two women sat apart and the general and Baraka could carry on their conversation in privacy.

'I'm very curious to know how life goes over there, in that country that you left behind you. We do know very little on how you get along under the rule of the Zionists.' The general did not bother to hide from Baraka the reason, why he asked him and his wife to spend the weekend in his villa.

'We lived there as second degree citizens Your Excellency, there is no comparison to the standard of living over there with the United Emirates standard of living.' Baraka did not fiddle about and told the general what he thought that His Excellency wished to hear.

The general was pleased with Baraka's preface, but what really interested him was the Zionists various security services. In any case he had to phrase his next question with tact, without arousing in Baraka feelings of guilt. 

'I've heard much about the efficiency of their internal security service, is there any truth in it or is it a myth?'

'They aren't as efficient as they claim to be Your Excellency, but the little that I know is based on hearsay.'

'But as a party leader Doctor Baraka you surely have met somehow with such people in certain circumstances.'

'I've been accosted several times by public figures or other Jewish left party members, some I was told by my men were sent by the Shabac, that's how their internal security organization is called Your Excellency; and they use paid informers too, which is very hard for us to reveal.'

'Do you mean even members of your own party?'

'Since my very early days in the party as a member and its leader I don't recall a case of infidelity or betrayal Your Execellency, although I can't say that I'm sure that such members few as they can be don't exist…'

The general made a sign by raising slightly his right hand; a valet approached them nimbly with an open case of Cuban cigars.

After a short pause of lighting the cigars and enjoying the first inhaled rich aroma, the general resumed the conversation or rather satisfied his curiosity.

'As it might take some time till we'll get a reply from your ex operator…' Here the general expressed this clandestine term on purpose as a hidden hint of a threat, to increase Baraka's obedience to him as his direct master.

'So I've thought of asking to invite your prominent party members to pay you a visit, we'll cover their expanses of course; we'll use them as messengers of disinformation, without their being aware to it.'

© Haim Kadman August 2015 �" all rights reserved.

The 17 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.cc and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman