Identity conflict

Identity conflict

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the novelette "Identity conflict", within the thriller Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

"

Identity conflict

An excerpt

A van picked him up at five am and Yuri Reasonov was set on his way to Newport News Williamsburg International airport, and reached it in fifteen minutes drive. He got off and thanked briskly the unknown driver that he will never see again, the latter helped him to pull out his suitcase from the car's boot, and left right away.

Yuri was carrying an old Russian passport with the name that he was born and was his name. till he became a U.S. citizen; and was known as Yardly Reasons up to twenty one months ago, before he was persuaded to join the CIA.

As he used to speak Russian with his parents, he had no problem to personate a Russian tourist. There was only one flaw in the project, and it's the scarcity of Russian tourists in the United States. But it did not bother neither Yuri's commanders nor their subordinate, from their point of view the harder conditions that Yuri will face, the better.

After a boring flight of fifty five minutes, in which he read neither newspapers, magazines nor the flight instructions; and answered to the waitresses with a few words in a shaky voice with hard pronunciation, as befits a Russian tourist the plane landed at Niagara Falls International airport. A rather ridiculous title to that small and insignificant airport.

It took him some twenty five minutes to leave this airport behind him and hail a cab. He asked the driver to drive to the cheapest hotel in town, and this request raised the fare with fifteen additional dollars, which Yuri had to pay as an ignorant foreign tourist that he pretended to be. The driver brought him at the end of a rather long drive in circles around downtown Niagara Falls, to the Quality Hotel.

The time was eight thirty am when Yuri checked in that three star humble hotel. He had to leave his luggage in the hotel's store room and return at two pm to enter his room. He had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, and as he had plenty of time before him; he stopped at the small hotel's tourist information counter and was advised to pay a visit to the Seneca Niagara resort. He did not have to make a particular effort to pretend that he does not understand the polite and cunning clerk what exactly this resort is, as the latter did not tell him that it's a casino in fact. He had a few Rubal notes in his wallet to brandish whenever he will be in need to convince whoever that he is a real Russian tourist, and he had enough green backs to do whatever he wants and wishes to do. He asked the polite clerk to call a cab, and as he heard the cab's blowing its horn he thanked the clerk and went outside.

© Haim Kadman August 2015 �" all rights reserved.

The 17 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.cc and Canada and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or to download for a reasonable price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

 

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
Added on August 16, 2015
Last Updated on August 16, 2015
Tags: suspense, intelligence, action, espionage, adventure, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman